Thursday, September 3, 2009

What we've been up to...

Just in case you'd thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth, I thought I'd post real quick and let you know that I am in fact still alive =).

Things have been sooooo busy lately and blogging (and emailing- so sorry if you've emailed and I haven't read it yet!) have taken a backseat.

Last weekend my best friend Tara and her two kiddos came up for a visit.

David and Isaac playing legos =)


Little Miss Sierra sitting still for her pedicure from Auntie Kendra.


Enjoying some Burgerville...yummmmm...


Me, Tara, Sierra, Jenney

Aren't Sierra's curls just to die for!? Mine on the other hand, not-so-much. I am in desperate need of a cut, and Tara and I had spent the entire morning watching Friends on DVD and procrastinating instead of getting ready. So I decided to just go curly for the day and came up with a new nickname for such a hairstyle...The Moppet. It's a cross between Muppet (think Animal from the Muppets) and a Mop. Right???


We've also ventured into the foreign territory of house hunting. Eek. We are not sure if now is a good time for us to take the leap or not, but it's been interesting to look.

We found an AMAZING house that we both loved, but there is one fatal problem...

The Lone Bathroom.

Lone as in ONE. One bathroom. Uno Bano .

We have been very spoiled in that the last two places we have rented have had one and 1/2 baths. I don't know if we can go back...

But then I was watching 18 Kids and Counting the other day and they were helping another large family with some home remodeling, and they said they had 52 people sharing ONE bathroom.

That kind of convicted me a little bit.

But not much.

Also, you will notice that the ONE bathroom in this otherwise dream house only has a shower. No tub. Not only do I relish a good bath, but what about when babies come?? I know you can bathe them in the sink for awhile, but is that really gonna work forever? I don't think so.

So, the hunt continues.

Anyways, enough about me. Hope everyone out there in blogland has a fantastic holiday weekend!!!

Love,

10 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

Glad you popped on, for at least a quick update. Love you, M

Unknown said...

so glad to hear from you:-)

i am dying to get into a new house. i hope you and david find exactly what you are looking for. just remember to take your time and keep the arguments to a minimum:-)~

did you hear where the duggers are having baby #19? is that not crazy or what!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

Fun to see and read about you connecting with your best buds from High School.

It's a great time to buy a house. Buyer's market. Look around. See what's out there. Lot's out there right now. (Pun intended)

LOVE,
DAD

Lauren said...

Glad to hear from ya! Good luck in the house hunt!!! Have a wonderful long weekend, my friend!!! :)

InDeeds said...

I totally understand the need for more than one bathroom - and for a bathtub! We currently live in a house with just 1 bathroom, and NO bath tub! We get by, but there are definitely many days when I wish I could relax with a bubble bath! We have concluded that when we buy a house, there MUST be a bathtub. And there MUST be at least 1.5 bathrooms.

Amanda said...

Fatal flaw indeed! There are 8 of us in my house now (can you believe all the nieces and nephews I've given you this summer-lol!) with 2.5 baths. It's working but I suspect as the little ones get older, yeah. Jelly Bean is barely two months old and she's outgrown the sink already. I loved seeing pics of Tara's kids and the one of you, Tara and Jenny. Brought me back to the days of Sprague.

Happy House Hunting!

Jen S. said...

Hi Kendra!
Good luck house hunting. We looked at quite a few here in Vegas before we bought. I know it can be trying, but that just-right house is out there for you :) I'll be thinking of you and wish you lots of luck!
Also, I saw the same exact episode of 18 And Counting and about croaked when they said their friends only had ONE bathroom in that house! How in the world did they all make that work?! Yikes!
I'll never understand that one!
Well, I hope you guys have a great long weekend!
Love,
Jen

Unknown said...

Kendra!
Good luck with house hunting! I can't wait to see what you guys find!

Heather said...

I miss you! Thinking about you and praying for you!

Meilee said...

Run away! Run away! Run away from the cutesy house w/ no tub and uno bano.