Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wedding Weekend!

This weekend we traveled about 3 hours East so we could attend Dave's cousin's wedding. 

It was such a beautiful wedding and we had an absolute blast!


It was an outdoor wedding. We got there early and wandered a bit...



My children dancing in the bridal walkway...(AFTER the wedding =) )...




 Abbey and Luke had so much fun exploring this space. The climbed all over these trees.



There was also a craft table - such a neat idea- and Gaga sat down to do some crafts for a bit =)


Once the DJ started in, Luke and Abbey made a mad dash for the dance floor. They were crazy excited to bust a move!



There was a photo booth there, and Luke kept randomly appearing with a stolen prop costume item...




You can see where they get their sweet moves...


We took a family turn in the photo booth...


As I mentioned above, Luke kept running over to the photo booth and switching out his props. At  one point, it'd been a few minutes that I hadn't seen him, so I went to check the photo booth. I asked a lady right outside it "have you seen a little 3 year old boy out here?" and she says "I think so...there's some little kid in there by himself right now..."
That would be my son.
I grabbed him outta there and we went to look at the pictures he had taken...

 (that's the only one of the 4 series that you can actually see his face in. Two others are blank, one has the top of a Viking Horn in it)

Dave and I laughed SO HARD, because that is just SO Luke. He's so curious and adventurous. I know exactly what happened here. After casing the joint for a bit, and running some recon to find out how things worked, Luke waited until the photo booth was empty, grabbed a prop hat, and went inside and pressed the button. That look on his face is pride. He did it. Exactly what he set out to do. Just like he knew he could.
Love that boy.


We had to buy a new tire before we headed back home (long story. Short version is blessedly Dave's Dad noticed our tire was about to pop AFTER we had just driven for 3+hours in the heat with not a single car trouble). This meant a long wait for our little family, so we walked over to a restaurant to grab some lunch. Abbey and I split a vanilla milkshake.

Dave and Luke split a chocolate one...



Lovin' our summer adventures!!

1 comment:

nbrown said...

Okay that picture of Luke with the sequin hat is seriously freaking me out - he looks SO old.

Also, this post made me laugh out loud.