Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh Happy Day!!

Today was the ending day of my final full-time work week for a long, long time. I officially begin my reduced hours next week, and I am SO ready! My feet are always the size of my calves when I get home in the evening!!

I have worked full time for as long as I can remember...it's going to be so weird to be home so much. But I have a feeling I will get used to it rather quickly =). My doctor wants me to spend more time resting and putting my feet up, and just letting my body grow babies. I may not be working full time at an office, but I do think my new job of growing babies is pretty darn important!!

This week we started our first of four "Preparing for Childbirth" classes. Or as I like to call them, our "hee hee hooooo" classes (Even though we haven't gone over breathing techniques yet, I know it's coming.) It made for a long day heading for a 2 hour evening class after an 8 hour work day, but I think we will be glad we took them should I get to deliver naturally.

AND, tomorrow is my very first BABY SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!! I can not believe after years and years of attending and throwing baby showers, I get to have one of my very own! And actually, I get to have THREE.

I know, can you believe it???

Our Church is hosting one tomorrow, my mom is throwing a big friends & family one in Salem next week, and my work is putting one on the end of the month.

I feel so incredibly loved!!

I am just so giddy at the thought of all of it =).



Well, this evening is already getting away from me, and I have a very busy night planned. David is playing basketball at Church tonight, so I am putting up my giant, swollen feet, and have a little of this:

And a little bit of this:
on the agenda.

So as you can see, I have a lot to accomplish tonight, and I best get to it.

Happy Friday night all!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like an awesome Friday night to me- enjoy!

Heather said...

Happy Day, indeed! I am just GIDDY for you!!! Oh so happy!!!!! So very happy!!! Enjoy that rest and keep those feet up!!! :)

Vanessa's Dad said...

Enjoy your self-indulgences now, Mom, 'cause the Twinadoes are a comin'!

LOVE,
DAD

Lori said...

That is so exciting that you are reducing your work hours!! I am sure you are exhausted after your day, I mean you are carrying twins!!!

Have a great time at your first shower! I'm sure you will!!!

Jenna said...

Yay! Oh you will love the Proposal. Such a great and funny movie!

Lauren said...

YAY!!!!! So exciting and can't wait to hear about the shower!!! :) Love you friend!

The Writer Chic said...

I'm selfishly sad to be reading about your upcoming showers. I was secretly planning on surprising you and flying out for one of them, but...kind of like you, my "extracuricular" activites are being somewhat curtailed.

So, I celebrate long distance with you.

I am so proud of you for successfully making it to the THIRD trimester -- it's a huge accomplishment, momma.

Keeping those tootsies up, and those twinkies strong.

Lots of love, M

Jenna said...

Woohoo!!! I am just so thrilled for you! You grow those babies sista!

Love you girl!