Sunday, May 9, 2010

My first Mothers Day!

I have waited so many years to celebrate Mothers Day, and what a special day it was!!

To those of you out there still waiting to be a Momma, please know I am praying for you today. I know...it's so hard. May God bless you with peace and comfort today, and may He bless you with little miracles soon!!!

My sister Natalie came up for the weekend and it was SO much fun!! She let David and I go out to the movies last night (we saw "Date Night", soooo funny!) and then after Church and a nursing session we went to get pedicures! It has been SUCH a wonderful weekend! I am so blessed!!!





Here are some pictures of the last couple days...



The post double burp baby shuffle...they each slide into the funniest positions when they fall asleep while burping, it's so funny!




You would think it would bother them to always have the others hands in their face, but they don't seem to mind at all =)



Little Lucas-Poocas on the floor...



Little Abbey Mae makes the funniest faces sometimes!




This was my view yesterday morning as I made breakfast & got some chores down. With Natalie here, we had more adults than babies, so I got to do lots of baby wearing, which I love. I so wish I could do it more, but when I am by myself during the day it seems like they either both need me at the same time, or they trade off needing me and I just can't spend quality time wearing one of them. We have a sling that is supposed to fit both babies at once, but with Luke's casts back on it is too difficult to position him in there, but he sure does love the Baby Bjorn, as you can see...


Sweet little Abbey girl loves to grip things so tightly. Here I was calming her down and helping her hold her binkie in, and she just wrapped her hands tightly around my fingers, something she does often. Luckily the camera was within arms reach so I was able to capture it forever...it's a sweet moment for me, and I can't believe already how big her hands are getting...don't grow up too fast sweet girl...


Sleepy little guy...



Auntie Natalie and Abbey...



And this moment made me cry...

...they are getting too big to both be in the bouncy seat together much longer, and that's too bad because they sure do love to be so close. I just love looking at The Mister and his Sister so snuggly together. I love the way she is just turned into him and he is kind of protecting her. I just stared at them and prayed over them...prayed that they would always be close.



Happy Mothers day to all the mom's in my life! Of course my mom! And my mother in law, and my step mom, and my grandma's. Hope you all had a wonderful day!!

And again, to those of you still waiting - "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as just trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit"
Romans 15:13

12 comments:

Heather said...

How great is our God??!?!? Love seeing the sweet babies- my favorite is the pic of them snuggling together!
Glad you had a great day!

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! It's been a long time coming, huh? Your pictures are so sweet! That last one just metls my heart, too. They are SO beautiful, Kendra!

Lauren said...

This made my heart smile HUGE and my heart is in a puddle after seeing that last picture!!!!!!! Love you, friend!!!!!

Lori said...

Happy first Mother's Day!!! I loved to see the pictures! It just melts my heart when I see the pics of the twins snuggled together. They are proof that it is worth the wait!!! Thank you for your encouragement!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

I'm undone.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Kelly said...

These pictures are precious. I hope that you had a wonderful first Mother's Day.

Faith said...

I know this was a very special day for you indeed! Love all the pics of your sweet babes =)

Aunt Carol said...

Kendra, I love the picture of Abbey clutching your hand although the snuggly picture is right up there, too! Glad Natalie was able to spend time with you guys. What a great auntie!

Unknown said...

That last picture just melts my heart. How precious!!! Your babies are so adorable :)
Happy First Mother's Day! I know how exciting this day was for you!

Family of 5 said...

Happy Mother's Day! GOd is soooo good! LOVE LOVE the picture at the end...precious!

the name's emily. said...

Thank you so much for letting us stop in on our way down :) I'm really glad that my friends got to meet you guys and see the babies! They thought that the babies were soooo cute!

Jenna said...

Ok, seriously. Those are the most precious babies ever! The ones of the all snuggled together....Kendra really my heart can't take it. You gotta start putting warnings on these posts! :-) I am soooooo happy you had a wonderful first mother's day! God is so good and I could not be more excited for ya'll. They are both so amazing - little miracles sent straight from above. And they are soooo blessed to have you as a mama! love you, friend!