Saturday, September 1, 2012

Reset

August was a busy month for our family. We had a ton of fun, as well as several events that were less than awesome. 
Towards the end of the month, Dave and I looked at each other and had to acknowledge that chaos appeared to be reigning supreme in our home.

So, earlier this week, we made the decision to hit the Reset Button this weekend, in an attempt to reset the tone in our home. We made a conscious effort to make near-zero plans.

I had yet another procedure on my neck/back yesterday...

(see those 3 red spots on my neck? That's where the doctor injected needles in an attempt to do a nerve block. Needles. In my neck. Not awesome. The purple writing on my shoulder is where he wrote down the exact spots to inject after viewing them with imaging and diagnosing the correct spots of injury. )

Although the procedure itself sucked, the discharge instructions included the phrasing "take it easy for the next several days", which has allowed us a guilt free reason to take it easy as a family this weekend. We're playing outside in the yard, staying up past bedtime to watch movies and eat popcorn, doing a little yard work (okay, that part is just David), eating a big family pancake brunch, sleeping in (okay, that part is just me), walking to the park, and playing in our living room. 

It's only Saturday, and I can already feel the tone being reset around here, and I'm so grateful.

Happy Labor Day weekend to all of you!

4 comments:

Aunt Carol said...

What a great weekend ahead! Resetting your family periodically sounds like a wonderful idea. Enjoy!

Love, Aunt Carol

Vanessa's Dad said...

Grateful is good...

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Unknown said...

Oh Kendra, I'm so sorry! I hope you start feeling better soon. And I think Clay and I might join y'all in hitting the "reset button!" :) Hope y'all are having a restful weekend!

Jen S. said...

I hope things do slow down for you, and that you can mend and feel much better.

Hope you have a nice weekend!