Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gymboree!

On Saturday we took the twins to Gymboree for a Play & Learn class. It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile now. It's insanely expensive for memberships, but they let everyone attend one free class, so we took advantage of that.

Luke and Abbey did not know what to think at first, they just stayed close to us and took in all the colors and people and sounds. But very soon, they got down on the floor and explored, and they had so much fun!

I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I have a good reason. One of the things God has shown me over the last 11 months is if I'm not careful, I have a tendency to get so caught up in taking a ton of pictures and getting the "perfect shot" in order to properly capture the moment, that I forget to actually be present in the moment. I say that not to convict anyone else out there, as I know PLENTY of amazing Momma's who take FABULOUS pictures of their kids WHILE being totally engaged and present and taking in everything that is going on around them. I am just not one of them. I love, love, LOVE pictures, and I think they the best tool for memories. I am SO glad we have taken so many over the last year, especially since the majority of it has been such a blur =). But, I can get so focused on getting my camera - or my children- to "behave" for me in order to get a great shot. It's an area I have to discipline myself in so that I can instead just BE with them, and trust that whatever pictures I take are good enough, and then put the camera away and enjoy my time with my babies.

So, here are some "ok" pictures, that do not properly capture the joy my daughter and son experienced, but, that's ok =).



They LOVED being around other kids and watching them play! And boy did they LOVE bubbles!! Gonna have to get us some to play with at home.

The coolest part of the day was the teacher felt we might better enjoy a class specifically suited for 10-16 month olds, so they are letting us come back again for free to try it! YEA! I am so excited to watch Luke and Abbey enjoy another class out there!




1 comment:

Heather said...

That's so neat! We don;t have Gymboree classes here, but I assume they are somewhat similar to My Gym, which we do have. Looks like the kiddos had a lot of fun!

I think you take great pictures, Kendra! You have a lot of great, beautiful moments captured that you've shared here. I completely understand your point, though. Taking so many pictures and being the "crazy camera lady" has earned me some critics on my blog. I would say 95% of the time, I feel like I can handle doing both, whereas 5% of the time, I find myself getting too caught up and needing to take a step back. I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you for your sweet comments on my blog this morning, because I needed to hear them. :) And you just keep doing what you're doing, friend!