Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did.

Thursday morning we headed South to enjoy a feast at my Mom
and StepDad's house. It was so fun to get to see 3 out of 4 of my sisters (we missed you Amanda!) and many other great family members. We enjoyed a traditional Thanksgiving meal, started off by tasty appetizers. Luke and Abbey were delighted they could partake in their favorite eating ritual..."dip, dip, dipping!"




Both Abigail and Lucas loved playing on this rocking horse...




(I love this last picture...something about the angle...those cheeks...she still looks like my Baby here...)

That is until Abbey fell off of it, simultaneously giving herself a black eye and the nickname "Rocky" for the rest of the weekend.



The Men in my life...



After we stuffed ourselves silly, we headed over to my Dad and StepMom's house to settle in for the weekend. Auntie Em stayed there too, much to the twins' delight. We hadn't been there 20 minutes before they set right to work, sweeping her...


There is a beautiful park right around the corner from GrandDad and Grannie Annie's house. It was so fun, we visited it twice during our short stay!

Abbeygirl LOVES to slide!









My Daddy and my son...


Another winner this weekend was the big picture window in the kitchen. Luke and Abbey spent tons of time, standing on the window seat, looking out at "trucks!" and "birds!" and "qurls!" (squirrels =) )




And before we knew it, it was time to come back home. Lucky for us, Auntie Em came home with us for an extra day of fun...

6 comments:

Aunt Carol said...

A lot to be thankful for.

Vanessa's Dad said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, because, for me, it's such a family time. Thanks for making it such a wonderful family time in 2011.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Jen S. said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun (except for little Abbie falling off the horse!) So glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

Lacy said...

Looks like y'all had a great time with family this Thanksgiving!! Your children are so precious and I LOVE how their personalities seem to exude from each picture!!

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I am glad that they get to have so much family around. They are so lucky! BTW I want an Auntie Em....how do I get me one of those???

Unknown said...

I LOVE Abbey on the slide! Such a cute picture! Glad y'al had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!