Monday, January 7, 2013

Long time, no talk.

Whew. It's been a busy few weeks! I have tons to catch up on...memories to record, family and friends to update...the list goes on. But I must start with my new nephew!!!


Check out this cutie...



Most of you know my older sister, Amanda and her husband have a precious little miracle daughter. Well, last week they added a sweet little miracle son to their family!! This sweet baby boy had the blessing of staying inside his mama for 37+ weeks! PRAISE!! 


All babies are miracles, and this sweet one is special for so many reasons. One of them being that he is Amanda's first son. Being raised in a family of 5 girls, boys are allllll new to me and my sisters! And seriously, being a Boy Momma is So. Much. Fun. 
I do not mean to stereotype here...after all, our son rocks baby dolls just as well as his sister, and Lord knows Abbey can throw a baseball faster and with better aim than many boys I know. 
  But there are some things just so different...fun different...about raising boys.
 
I took this picture of Luke during our vacation this week...playing with his cars...


This boy runs around the house shouting "LUCAS TO THE RESCUE!!" and wants to be a man like his Daddy and makes screeching noises as he drives his cars all around my furniture. 

And I love every second. 
Well, almost every second...=)

So welcome Amanda, to the world of Boy Mom. You're gonna love it.

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

I'm SO HAPPY for your sister! So glad their baby is here, and all is well. He sure is a cutie!! :)