Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pumpkin Patch!

Today the kidlets and I met my Dad at a pumpkin patch on a farm not to far from where we both live.

(wait, "today"?!?! Is she actually posting pictures from an event that happened the very same day!? She hardly ever even blogs anymore, how could this be?!)
I know.
But you see we spent over 3 hours on a farm this afternoon running, playing and laughing. It was awesome.
And bonus? Our babies were in bed by 6:15pm tonight. It was awesome.

Dave and I had taken them to a free pumpkin festival at a local park this past weekend (forgot the camera) and they had a blast at the petting zoo and playing, but by the time we'd arrived, all the pumpkins were gone =(, so we told them we'd get pumpkins another time.

All the places around here get SO crowded on the weekends, so I found a free weekday afternoon and invited my Dad to join us =)


Little Pumpkin Patch Cuties...



See this silly face Luke is making?? Get used to it. It's his new pose pretty much any time my camera comes out...



Enjoying apple cider donuts with GrandDad...








The first thing we did was ride the "cow train". The twins LOVED this!







Then we went and visited the baby chicks...





GrandDad helping Abbey peer in on the baby calf...




The bouncy house was Luke's absolute favorite thing there. Or anywhere, really. He jumped and jumped and jumped and jumped...














And then we went and played on some tractors...
























And then Luke went back to the bouncy house and jumped some more...






My Dad, me, and my babies =)




We tried out the little tunnel slide for a bit...






Explored more tractors...





Pet some goats...



...and eventually found ourselves at the Big Slide. Luke and Abbey were both a little nervous at first, so I said I'd go down with them. One time was all it took! As soon as their little bodies slid to a stop at the end of the slide, they were begging "Again! Again!!" 




And over three hours later, it was time to pick out pumpkins and head home. I told Abbey and Luke they could pick out whatever pumpkins they wanted. It cracked me up when they both picked tiny little tabletop pumpkins =).



I LOVE this time of year!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your comment about your sons face made me laugh out loud! Yes, the same is true of our son. It is why 3 years later, I have almost no picture of the 3 of them together because he is always being ridiculous!!! He either has his mouth as wide it will go, covering his face with his hands screaming "no pictures Mommy!", or he purposefully looks miserable in the picture! Oh these boys! What are we to do with them! And my son has the cutest smile!!! One of these days I'll catch it!
I can't believe how big your twins are getting!! They are so sweet Kendra!