Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter 2014

 
 

We had such a lovely Easter this year, I wanted to make sure to write about it ;)
 
On Saturday our Church had it's annual Epic Easter Egg Hunt. I work Saturday mornings, so Dave took the twins. It rained, but apparently Luke and Abbey were troopers!




Seriously, how cute are my people?!?

(And thanks to my husband who puts up with my request to take lots of pictures so I can see what fun my family had!)


Easter morning the kids woke up to a jelly bean trail leading to their Easter baskets...
 





This was the first year we've done Easter baskets, so the kids were surprised and thrilled! It was mostly coloring books and stickers from The Dollar Tree, but Luke also got two little SuperHero Squad action figures, and Abbey got a FurReal little kitty and an Anna (Frozen) clip doll.
They were both SO sweet about their gifts, they kept saying Thank You over and over, and Luke kept saying things like "Momma! How did you know I wanted Wolverine?!" Because I'm your Momma, that's how.

We got ready for Church, Luke wearing his very first tie.
 "Like a Daddy" ;)





The kids were in a little Easter program at Church that morning...



Abbey was SUCH a little performer up there! She was clapping and singing and doing all the motions and dancing in the in-betweens times. It was so adorable!
 


After Church we came home for lunch and naps. The kids and I all slept for a bit ;). Then David took them out in the yard to play while I finished up the side dishes for our Easter Ham. Yummmmmmmmm.
I made the same dinner for Christmas last year, and our family just loved it. It's become one of Dave's favorite meals, which is awesome because it is literally less prep than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich ;)

We ended the evening with a round of Crazy Eights, which is becoming more fun each time we play ;).
After the kids went to bed, David and I settled in to watch the Blazers in the NBA Playoffs.
Wow.
What a game!!! It was the perfect end to such a fun day.

  What a blessing to be able to have such a wonderful day with my little family, celebrating the HOPE of Jesus.
I love Easter.
Happy resurrection, friends.
 

No comments: