Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Round One

Earlier this month the twins and I went to a pumpkin patch with some friends.  The forecast called for light showers, but we all agreed to try it anyways!
Abbey and her buddy on the see saw...



My Abbey flower...



And my Lucas flower...



(pretty much any time he can, Luke is hanging upside down =) )



Me and my pumpkins =).
I look a little funny (I was trying to crouch down to fit in the photo, not realizing I had tons of head clearance still) but I LOVE Luke and Abbey's smiles!! We were having so much fun!


There were goats to pet...



...and piglets to feed! Abbey was in Heaven! She's said for awhile now that she is going to work with farm animals when she grows up, and I have no doubt she will follow through with this plan. She just loves animals and has such a way with them even at four years old.



Paul McCartney Luke comes down the slide!



We went with some of our triplet friends and another set of twin friends, which made for seven kids and three mommas...serious zone defense, but also lots of fun!
 
Hayride...



 
My sweet little bird next to an Angry one =) 

 
 



 
 
This little enclosure was called "The Nut House!" It was filled with acorns, and was appropriately named, as anyone who stood outside and listened to the chorus of yelling a bunch of little kids playing in acorns with echoy walls makes would surely end up in one.




Luke and his buddy checking the map to see where our next destination should be... 


 
 
And this moment is one I need to brag about...

 
Our sweet little friend was up at the top of this slide (after finishing a kids-only haze maze to get to the slide) and was too frightened to slide down. She wanted her Momma to come get her, but it just wasn't going to happen. We were all trying to coax her to come down, when Abbey (apparently) offered to go with her. She sat in front of Abbey ("I had her sit on my lap Momma!") and Abbey held her hand, and said "don't be scared, we'll go together! I'll get you to your Momma!" and down they came.
Wicked proud of my girl.
 

1 comment: