Thursday, December 18, 2014

Deck the halls....

December is my very favorite month of the year, Christmas Eve my favorite day.
(I love the anticipation and excitement in the build up more than the actual day =) )

Having four-year-olds has been really fun this Season. So fun that I'm having to remind myself not to over plan for us =). Trying to find the balance between having fun making memories, and driving everyone crazy with overstimulation from way too much to do.
I'll let you know in January how I did =)

Earlier this month, the twins and I kicked off the Season by decorating gingerbread and sugar cookies.  I bought a complete set (pre-baked cookies, frosting, icing, candy for decorating, everything) for $8.99 at Costco. Hello love.
 








We've also been up to our usual shenanigans, but everyone seems to enjoy them more with Christmas decorations up around us.





Abbey was a HUGE helper this year with our Christmas cards! She sealed and stamped many, many envelopes for me. Some were even graced with an adorably written "A" and "M" on the back of the envelope, as apparently the cards were only from Abbey and Momma =).


We've been reading Christmas books...



And doing more baking...
 



(this was the second year we made these. Super easy, fun for preschoolers, and tasty too!)
 
 
And more shenanigans...


 
David has made us his special hot chocolate a few times already...so tasty. It's Luke's absolute favorite, and he can hardly sit still waiting for it to be cool enough to drink.
Abbey quickly abandoned a project the other day to join the hot chocolate drinking, declaring "I don't want to miss a minute of Christmas!"
Me either baby girl=).

At one point, I lost my mind and told the kids they could cut and glue with leftover wrapping paper...
Wrapping paper EVERYWHERE. But, they had fun and worked together nicely for over an hour. Worth it.
 
 
 
We got creative the other day and made foot and hand print reindeer - they turned out so cute!

 
 
Luke has been enjoying getting creative with the Nativity set...
 
 
We've all been enjoying getting ready for Christmas this year, and I'm excited for a fun-filled week to come.
And I'm so grateful for these two Christmas Cuties...

No comments: