Saturday, December 20, 2014

Zoo Lights!

One of my very favorite parts of the Christmas Season is Zoo Lights! I just love how bright and colorful everything is...it feels magical =).
It's a pretty popular attraction in our city, and it tends to be super crowded. Also, our zoo is up on a hill, so it tends to be windy. And cold.
So this year we were prepared on all fronts!
We picked a weekday where neither David or I had to work, and we left the house before 4pm to head to the zoo.
Dave made us some yummy hot chocolate for the drive...
(join me in pretending not to notice how trashed my van is, won't you?)

We got there while it was still light out, which afforded us a glimpse at some outdoor animals...



ZOO LIGHTS!!!






We saw a few more animals as we made our way to the train. I think I was more excited than the kids were! I LOVE the train ride around the zoo!












After the train ride, we wandered all around the zoo, taking in the pretty sights...


David was in charge of the bundling up this year, and he did a fantastic job. We didn't hear a single "I'm cold!!" all evening long, which is no small feat =). In fact, at one point Abbey asked if she could take her hat off because she was a little sweaty! Ha!  You may remember a few years back, everyone was freezing and cranky. Even the kids.









The kids were thrilled to see the baby elephant Lily was up!




Love my silly boys...









No comments: