Sunday, March 8, 2015

Valentine's Day =)

Because suddenly it's March.
I feel like I lost all of February to illness, and I am behind on every aspect of life because of it! Seriously, How is it March already!??!


We had a low-key Valentine's Day, as it fell in the middle of all our various illnesses.
Also, David and I don't really celebrate Valentine's day. We're big on birthdays and anniversaries around here =).
But 4 is such a fun age for excitement. Everything is fun and exciting when you're 4! Expectations are still fairly low as well, so it makes it pretty easy for me to add some Joy to our home.

Abbey and Luke were pretty blessed this year! They received mail (also a really fun thing when you're 4! No bills!) from all 3 sets of grandparents! They were so excited.
 
 Opening their Valentine's Day packages from GrandDad and Grannie Annie...


Putting together the puzzle message Grammie and Bopbop sent, and reading cards from Grandma Donna and Papa...

 


Their preschool had a little Valentine's Day party that I got to volunteer for. It's always so fun to get to observe our kiddos in their class!





 


Checking out their haul...





 
We had pink, heart shaped pancakes for dinner that evening...
(Aunt Kay, great minds think alike!!)
 



 
Abs showing off her heart puppet from preschool...



I saw this idea on Pinterest, and immediately knew it was something I wanted to do.
I've said it before, if I can instill gratitude and kindness in my children in their early days, I'll be so thrilled. I really do not care if they succeed in academics or sports or theater or band or whatever, I just hope to raise grateful, respectful, happy kids. Because that's really the key to a happy life =). 

The kids cut out little hearts I'd drawn on different colors of construction paper. We left them in a baggy on the counter, and each day between Feb 1st and 14th, we'd each right something we loved about another family member. It was so sweet to see the things everyone came up with. I beamed with pride when one of my family members said they loved that I "gave the best hugs and kisses"....there's something to hang your hat on! =).

And now it's March. In fact, the first week is even already over. Oy. The twins turn 5 this month (!!!!) and I've done exactly one thing to prepare for their party...confirm our Church gym is available for use again this year. That's it. Luckily, as mentioned above, they are at a pretty-easy-to-please age, so as long as there is cake and some friends, they'll likely be thrilled =).
Happy Spring!



1 comment:

Vanessa's Dad said...

U R blessed. Five year-old twins is so much more fun than one-year old twins. Same twins. Same loving parents. More fun.

LOVE, GRAND DAD