Thursday, September 25, 2008

Halloween anyone?

I know it is over a month away, but I am wondering, are any of you dressing up? And if so, what are you dressing up as?
I ask because this year I am dressing up. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in over a decade. Wait, scratch that. When I taught preschool a few years back I guess I did dress up for our Harvest Parties. But that's it. The last several years have involved me sitting at the house with a giant bowl of candy, and like 5 trick-or-treaters. So I end up eating wayyyy too many fun size Snicker's bars. *Note to self- by Mounds or something else nasty this year.*
Why is this year any different? It's my sister in law's birthday. Well, I mean, it's her birthday EVERY Halloween, as she was born on October 31st, but this year she and her husband (Dave's brother) and a bunch of their friends are coming up to Portland to...."go out on the town". And apparently everyone is coming in costume.
I am having a really hard time finding something!! First of all, I refuse to spend more than about $20. Because, I mean come on, it's a costume people. It will be worn once. Even I can't justify that splurge and I am the queen of justifying $20 splurges (Hello Old Navy clearance!!). Also, I am having a hard time finding something age appropriate. I am approaching 30. Yes, I am currently only 27, but my Jessica Simpson math tells me 30 is right around the corner. Can someone who is almost 30 really go out as Raggedy Ann?? But at the same time, I would like something semi-respectable. I do not want to look like I am headed to the Halloween party at the playboy mansion. Not only for modesty issues, but it's OCTOBER. In OREGON. Seriously. Some of these costumes are so skimpy with so little fabric...I would freeze! Not to mention get arrested for public indecency. And why spend money on something if it is just going to be covered up with my big wool coat?
Hmmm.... to be continued...

5 comments:

Vanessa's Dad said...

Ya'll could concentrate on face and hair... I dunno, I'm not so good on costuming. Check with your CET Sisters.

LOVE, DAD

Amanda said...

To answer your first question, no, the big sister would not be dressing up this year. But I'm dressing the baby up!!! :)

Good luck finding something respectable, warm and in your price range and most of all FUN!

Kelly said...

Kendra - you won the yogurt coupons - I'll get them to you next week.
Can you send me your address to mrskellystamps@yahoo.com!

Unknown said...

Tonio is the Incredible Hulk.
Baby K is a Tulip Fairy.
I am dressing up as a "Mom."

Oh yeah I'll rock that costume!

Faith said...

Hey Kendra! Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment. I am so sorry that you and your husband are walking the road of infertility too. It is such a hard journey, isnt' it? I am very thankful that the Lord has allowed me to cross paths with other women who know what this feels like and are either there now, or have been there and God has brought them through it, in one way or another. He will be faithful to us too, and I pray that He moves in your life soon!

LOVE the title of your blog! Hope you've had a great weekend!