Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kendra H and 2 of the 7 dwarfs...

This morning when I woke up, I looked like this:
Slightly blonder, a smaller nose, but the exact same disposition.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Which -side bar -is odd, because I am married and share a bed, and have woken up on the same side for the last 4 years. Anyways, this morning it was the wrong side for sure. Our neighbors had a wild party which made it's way on to their back patio at about 2:20am. I do not do well on interrupted sleep. (I trust the Lord will help me with this when He blesses us with babies.) I especially do not do well on interrupted, angry sleep. Thus, I was extremely grumpy when I woke up this morning. I growled at the alarm clock as it dutifully did it's job, I snarled at the shampoo bottle when it did not dispense shampoo in a timely manner, and I downright cursed my hair when no matter how much gel and scrunching, it simply would not curl the way I wanted it to.
So how is it that, at 4:15 in the afternoon, I am now this?? :
(That's Happy in case you didn't know =-) )
Several reasons! The first reason, is this:
My handsome husband, who was tolerant of my unreasonably foul mood. I mean seriously, how can I stay grumpy for too long when I get to be married to this?!
Also, this:
God bless the coffee bean.
A good cup of coffee, with the perfect amount of fat free vanilla creamer makes me happy. Apparently, it goes along way in getting rid of Grumpy.
Also we had a good Sunday School this morning, and then a really great sermon. It really, really spoke to me.
I told David on the way home from Church that I can't help but think Satan knew the message today would really speak to me, and he was trying to thwart my desire to go. He is sneaky, that Satan. This morning all I really wanted to do was pull the covers over my head and spend the day in bed. But, I am so glad I didn't, because I really feel like I needed to hear this sermon.
Add in an invitation to join a friend and her 5 year old daughter for a $3 showing of Kung-Fu Panda, and a half nap (attempted to nap, but instead laid in bed and watched a movie in my sweats) when I got home, a pizza in the oven, the aforementioned cute hubby next to me, and I am officially one happy camper!
Happy Sunday evening to all of you in Bloggerville.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad your day turned into a Happy Day!!!

Unknown said...

I can so relate. I can so, so, so relate.