Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Did you know...

That Skinny Cow ice cream...

And Lean Cuisine's...

Have Weight Watchers point values RIGHT ON THEIR BOXES!?!
I did not know that.
A stranger (but sister in the world of point-calculating) pointed this out to me the other day while I was grocery shopping and trying to compare fat grams/fiber/calories between a Smart Ones and a Lean Cuisine. She must have noticed me and recognized what I was trying to do, because all of a sudden she says "You know that those have point values on them already?" She flipped the box over and sure enough there it was! Hooray! I thanked her, and we shared a smile and a nod of WW solidarity and went our separate ways.
Weight Watchers does offer a pretty good variety of meals and deserts, but I was ready to expand my arsenal a little and try some other options. FYI, those Peanut butter and chocolate Skinny Cow ice cream cookie sandwiches pictured above are heavenly. Seriously. I don't even let David talk to me while I am eating one. The moment must be revered with complete silence.
So on behalf of point calculators everywhere, I would like to extend a BIG Thank You to the makers Skinny Cow and Lean Cuisine, for making our lives just that much easier.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Chocolate, peanut butter, ice cream and a cookie all in one huh? I believe I will have to give that a try!!! Sounds yummy even for "diet" food. :)

Darn cake ball recipe makes so many...I gave loads out as holiday gifts but still have the rest sitting on my counter. I swear I eat one every time I walk into the kitchen...finally had to hide them in the utility room. lol!

Jenna said...

Girl you are too funny.

And, Mmmmmmmm - I am gonna have to try those skinny cows. My point calculating self thanks you very much for bringing such goodness into my life!!!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

You've got the right idea about savoring what you eat. One of the best diet techniques I've used lately is simply this: when you eat, don't do anything else... don't watch TV, read the paper, magazine or book or anything that might distract you from what you are eating. Helps you savor what you eat, appreciate what you eat, and make better choices about what and how much you eat.

Mary said...

I love skinny cow sandwiches. My favorite is just the plain chocolate cookie with vanilla. So yummy.

Heather said...

I have heard all the rage about the skinny cow sandwiches and I MUST try them! Did you say chocolate and peanut butter? Um....yeah...I'm all over that!

Mrs B said...

Kendra,

Thanks for the wonderful words on my blog...I appreciate your prayers.

Mmmm...Lean Cuisine Sante Fe Rice...drool :)