Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One of those days...

Or a handful of them, really.

We've got teething and stomach bugs and fussiness and fitful sleep over here.

And my mind, body and soul are feeling worn thin.


But do you wanna know something about even the very hardest, most exhausting day of parenting?




It still beats any day of infertility.




As I crawl into bed at 8:37pm tonight, hoping to get more than the 4+ hours of sleep that I have logged the last 3 nights in a row, I am thinking of all the nights that I begged God to please let me be a Momma. And I can close my eyes and remember the emptiness and longing that accompanied that begging. And tonight I am thinking of all the women out there with that very same request on their hearts right now. If you wouldn't mind, would you say a prayer for some of my friends who are waiting to be exhausted by babies? Wonderful women, like Faith, and Amy, and Lianna, and Kelly. Women who will someday - please Lord, let it be soon - be amazing mothers.

Thank you.

And Good Night.

8 comments:

Justinand said...

Absolutely agree with you 100%. After 6 years of battling infertility, the worst mommy days are wonderful in comparison! Agreeing with you in prayer for all those ladies! God is going to do some (more) big miracles this year for these mommies-to-be!! I just know it!

Faith said...

This made me cry. Thank you so much, Kendra.

I do hope that you had sweet, peaceful sleep last night.

Once Upon A Time said...

I was thinking very similar thoughts this morning actually. Anna had a rough night (teeth related), and I was disappointed that I didn't have time to stop for the much needed coffee on my way to work. But I thought of other drives to work filled with disappointment pre-babies, and I agree- going to work on so little sleep beats any day of going to work aching for babies to hear at night.

Hope you get back to better sleep for all soon!

Lauren said...

Definitely praying for those sweet girls!!!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

U R blessed... and a blessing.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Aunt Carol said...

Such a sweet, thoughtful request. My pleasure.

Love, Aunt Carol

Sarah said...

Girl, isn't that the truth. The darkest days of my life were those where I wondered if I would ever know what it felt like to feel a baby move inside my belly, to watch cartoons on a Saturday morning in our PJ's with a little tyke, and swing on the swing set all day long. It still hurts to even relive those memories!
I will pray for these women you have mentioned!

Family of 5 said...

Rest sure doesn't come easy as a mom...even with my kids being 6/4/3 yrs old I still have many a nights when I am up 2-3 times with them...but also they are blessings, even if I am exhausted the next day!! Hope your getting the rest you need to make it daily! And hope you all are feeling better very soon!