Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Three things

  1. Signing up -and subsequently paying in advance- to run a 5K in less than a month was one of the smartest things I have ever done in terms of motivation. Today it was so cold here that it snowed all morning. And then it just turned to cold rain. And I ran in it. Not because I wanted to. Oh man did I not want to. I hate being cold. And I really, really hate being wet in my clothes. And honestly, I don't really love running. Even back in the day when I was at my fittest I was never a runner. I could do Step class or Spin with the best of them, but never run. But a gym membership is not in the budget, and running is free. I am hoping as I get "better" at it I will start to enjoy it more. But I didn't run for any of those reasons today. I ran because I am committed to a deadline that is fast approaching. And so I ran. In the freezing cold rain. Yea me.

2. Have all you breastfeeding momma's out there heard about this? My Aunt sent me this link today and I am so grateful. You better believe we are claiming every deduction we can!


3. Dave and I were talking last night and both agreed life is feeling a little cluttered these days, so in an effort to simplify and slow down a bit, we are gonna have ourselves a little media fast. Very limited TV (just a handful of shows we like to sit down and watch together) and pretty much no internetting outside of a quick email check. Just for a bit.

Will be back soon.


But before I go, just a quick pic of the little one's to tide you over...



tee hee hee...=)

9 comments:

Jen S. said...

GOOD JOB on your run...way to go Kendra!

The picture is making me totally chuckle! It's SO FUNNY and CUTE!
Priceless for sure :)

Hugs!

Vanessa's Dad said...

You are an inspiration to my running efforts (and they needed some inspiration lately)

Cute buns photo. My bathtime efforts are inspired. :)

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Lauren said...

Cute little bums:)

The cold stuff is "Coryzalia Cold." I think its made by the same people who make Camilia teething drops.

I think Kids 0-9 also makes a Cold one, but I don't have it (we have Teething and Calm by Kids 0-9).

I'm pretty sure you can get both just at a drugstore or Walmart or something. The Kids 0-9 stuff is definitely carried at Walmart in Canada, and I think thats where my mom bought the Coryzalia Cold.

Courtney said...

THat picture is too precious to go by without commenting. What a great moment to snap. And good job running!

Lindsay said...

Consider this a virtual pat on the back for your run! That's dedication!

Family of 5 said...

LOL...love the cutie's patooties picture! And way to go on running at 5k...it gets easier and easier to run :)

Once Upon A Time said...

Adorable photo... and great ammo for when they are teenagers!

lklomicka said...

What cute little tushies! Love it!

Sarah said...

Completely understand! My husband is required to keep me in check with those things. Sometimes it hurts to know I've been spending too much time on it...but, I am glad to have someone to real me back in.
I go on periodic hiatis from time to time.
Especially facebook...biggest waste of time!