Thursday, February 3, 2011

Well now this feels strange...

I'm home with the flu today. Fever, body aches, chills, general fatigue...etc. Luckily, today is David's day off, so he has been home all day. I called in sick to work and did not go in this afternoon.

Just now, in an effort to get some fresh air and give me a chance to rest, David bundled up the babes (it's cold here, but not blizzard cold like so many of you are dealing with) and took them for a walk.

And as he was heading out the door something occurred to me.

This will be the very first time I have been alone in our house since becoming a mother.

Crazy, huh?

There have been plenty of times where I have gone out by myself, and a handful of times where David has taken one baby with him to run an errand, but never in the last 10 months have I been alone inside this house.

And I am very aware of it.

It's neither good nor bad. Just...strange.

4 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

It's amazing how much they assimilate into our lives in relatively a short time, huh?

I hope you feel better soon!

nbrown said...

As someone who absolutely TREASURES being home alone, I can't even imagine going 10 months without that time. That IS strange.

So glad you all are feeling better. :)

the name's emily. said...

Praying for a speedy recovery!!

Sarah said...

Doesn't it feel like a part of you is missing?? It's almost hard to savor those times