Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We have SO much to be thankful for this year.

And now added to the list is a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

We started off our Thanksgiving by going to our first Blazer game of the season Wednesday night.


It was the babies' first Blazers game, and I think they may have been confused as to why their Momma was yelling so much... but never fear, seeing as how climbing those stairs to the nosebleed section we always sit in may as well have been Mount Kilimanjaro, it was probably their last as well.

Yowzers. That's sooommmeee belly!!



After the game we headed down to Salem to make a late night arrival at Dave's parents.

Thursday more fun ensued...

We had our main Thanksgiving meal with David's family, although I managed not to take a single picture. I can't imagine why, and I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I ate my body weight in mashed potatoes that day.

Thursday evening we headed over to my Dad and step mom's to visit with them and 3 out of 4 of my sisters. We had a wonderful time over there, attempting to put together a puzzle, laughing, and eating dessert.


Thursday night we headed back to David's parents and played some games with the family. Always a hit!


Friday we headed to my Mom and step dad's for more Thanksgiving fun.
And more eating.
I am not at all excited about stepping on the scale at my appointment this Friday.

The grown ups at their table.

One of the two kid's tables (of note, every here is over 21, but it's still a "kid's table"...does anyone else's family still do that?)

Two of two.


There was a lot of YouTube watching...
And some card playing...

And some sister pic takin'...
And some arts and crafts...my sister Amanda sent these hand print cut outs of our sweet niece Cadence's hand for us to make wreaths out of...so cute!
Then it was back to my in-laws for another evening of family fun and games.
I did manage to remember to snag a few pictures of these cuties...


And of the newest member of the family, the new puppy Omar...

It was a busy but wonderful weekend, and it was so fun for Dave and I to go "home" and see all our family. We feel blessed beyond measure this holiday season, and I did my best to steal moments where I just sat back, rubbed my belly, and took it all in...

Thanks be to God.

10 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

No wonder you didn't have time to call me. ;)

Kidding.

I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for YOU, friend.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a perfect holiday weekend. Sorry I couldn't be there and make it four out of four of your sisters. Glad the wreaths of Cadence's handprints were enjoyed. Good for you for sitting back and rubbing your belly and taking it all in- a lot to be thankful for indeed!

Family of 5 said...

That has got to be the busiest Thanksgiving ever! But how wonderful that you have family you love to be around to laugh and love! And don't worry about the eating of the mashed potatoes...I ate more than my share this year and I am not even pregnant! :) hehe!
oh and one more thing...the picture of you and Dave with you in your black dress...you look beautiful! :)

Vanessa's Dad said...

We all have much to be thankful for. I loved Thanksgiving with family and food and fellowship. Glad to see more of all that in your blog.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Jen S. said...

Hi Kendra!
Looks like you guys had a great time--yipeeeeeee!!
Great pictures too--as always you look so cute...the cutest pregnant gal ever :)
Also--I love the wreaths you all made from Candence's handprints...what a neat idea.
Have a great week.
Love,
Jen

Lauren said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Love ya, my friend!!! :)

Heather said...

Thanks be to God. Amen!

beckylbranch said...

What a GREAT Thanksgiving you had! I know you have LOTS to be thankful for this year :) You look absolutely wonderful and I know all those stretch marks will be worth it...right?? right?? LOL! I think I got some, but not from the baby....from eating too much food!

Lori said...

You look wonderful!! It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Isn't it funny how when you get pregnant...everyone puts their hand on your belly in pictures? I've experienced the same thing.