Saturday, March 13, 2010

29 and 36

Today I am 29 years old and 36 weeks pregnant.

What a fantastic day!!

I think I have told pretty much everyone I have talked to today that the best present I could receive today is carrying these precious babies to 36 weeks.

And I got it =).

Thanks be to God!

I have had such a lovely birthday so far. I have completely given up any normal form of sleeping pattern since I have been off work completely and on "rest". I sleep some at night, some in the late morning, some in afternoon...you just never know! I usually have a hard time sleeping more than a few hours just due to discomfort. You might think this would be frustrating, and believe me if I were working still it totally would be, but since I don't work anymore it really doesn't bother me. If I am wide awake at 2am and can't get back to sleep, I just settle in on the couch and watch TV or a movie or something and think "I guess I will just sleep tomorrow!".

Last night I fell asleep around 1am and woke up shortly after 5am. I came out to the couch and watched a little TV, and then just decided to spend some time with the Lord. It's nice when it's quiet in the morning, the house is still and the sun is just coming up. It was so refreshing to start my day spending quality time with Him. I reflected on the last few birthdays, and thought about how very different this one is. This birthday I am a Momma. Finally =). My sweet, long-awaited babes should be here shortly, and I am so looking forward to meeting them!!

I also spent some time in prayer for those of you still waiting. May God bless you SOON and RICHLY.

I don't know why God chose to bless us when He did or how He did, but I am eternally grateful. I am very grateful for this pregnancy and the gift of these two children.

And I am SO grateful they have stayed in until our goal of 36 weeks!! Thank you SO MUCH for all your prayers!! Any time after today is just gravy for us =).

Here is a picture of what Babycenter.com says the twins look like now:

And here is what I look like at 36 weeks:


Momma's getting BIG.

=)

After I went back to sleep this morning and then got up around noon, I got ready and David took me out to lunch. We hopped in the new van (instead of taking Dave's compact car, which would have made more sense...but the new van is just so fun for us!) and headed to Applebee's.

Here we live in a city full and vibrant with all kinds of restaurant choices, but sometimes you just want to know you are going to really like what you order, ya know?

I devoured almost an entire bacon cheeseburger, all my fries, and then before we paid the bill I asked "hey, do you get anything free on your birthday?"

That's right. I have no shame.

Turns out you get a free "dessert shooter", so Dave and I split that.

When it was time to get back into the car I was so full I was actually in pain. I was so uncomfortable! I was making all these extremely unattractive old man noises.

But it's my birthday so my husband has to love me through it.

We came back home and have just been relaxing. Our budget is tight right now, so instead of going out to the movies, we are just renting one. And instead of getting a pedicure (I like to treat myself to one on my birthday usually), my sweet husband is gonna paint my toes for me.

Is that love or what???


29 years old and 36 weeks pregnant.

What a fantastic day.

Thank you, Lord, for my many blessings.

19 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Pretty lady!!! I've been following your blog for a while now and I think you are just precious. I'm so excited for you!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday and happy 36 weeks!!! :)

Vanessa's Dad said...

Very sweet. U R blessed... and you know it... and you don't take that for granted.

What a joy it is to see your kids become such wonderful parents. That's the Circle of Life.

Happy Birthday Darlin'

LOVE,
DAD

Katie S said...

Happy birthday and happy 36 weeks!!!

Jen S. said...

I just remembered our birthdays are one exactly month apart! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kendra!!!
Also, congrats on making it to 36 weeks... how awesome is that?!! I'm just so happy for you :)
Loved seeing your pictures...you are just too cute.
Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!

You have such a sweet spirit. This post just brightened my day.

What a perfect way to spend your b-day!! Applebee's is our favorite place!! I love how you asked about the free item for your birthday. That sounds like something I would do, with hubby dying of embarrasement!! HA

You are the cutest, most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen! You have been glowing throughout your whole pregnancy!!

Our God is so God!

Jenna said...

Yay for both milestones!!! You are all belly girl!! Such a cute little pregnant lady!

The Writer Chic said...

Happy birthday sweet friend. May 29 hold for you all the blessings it has for me. 28 was a year of growth and much sorrow, but 29? It's been a good one; I'm glad it's only half over.

Loving you and praying for you from afar.

Jenna said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT birthday!!! I mean you had me at Bacon Cheeseburger....

And congrats on 36 weeks - SO amazing!!!! You look just beautiful!!

I hope you and that sweet husband and those little doll babies in that cute tummy have a GREAT Sunday!

Happy Birthday friend!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Praise be to God that ya'll have made it to 36 weeks!!! So glad that you are enjoying your special day.

Never in a million years would Clay paint my toenails! Way to take one for the team David :)

Merryheart said...

What a joyous soul you are!! You love the Lord, you love your husband, you love your babies and you love your life. A cheerful heart is to be cherished and is a gift from the Lord. As someone a bit (uhumm) shall we older than you, this will always be a very special time in your life as you await these precious babies. Treasure every moment, hold it close to your heart and it will never leave you. God bless you both
as you begin the wonderful adventure of parenthood. You will be in my prayers!

kriswalls said...

What a GREAT Birthday! My twins were born exactly a week before my birthday! What a great gift! I wanted so bad to hold them in a little longer that even after my water broke I was begging God to wait a little longer. Ahhh, but in the end his timing is always perfect! God bless you through these gravy days! I can't wait until your arms are full of sweet little babies. :)

Heather said...

Happy birthday sweet friend!! I left you a present on my blog!! :) You look amazing and I am celebrating those babies and their wonderful Momma today!!! 36 weeks----WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! Love you!!

Mary said...

Sounds like a great birthday, and I can't wait to hear about those babies coming out.

Family of 5 said...

So many blessings to celebrate! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday and what a great hubby you have to treat you like a queen! You are LOVED!

Lianna Knight said...

You are so sweet Kendra!!!

Happy Birthday Momma :)

So excited for you and so glad you hae been blessed DOUBLE!!

Heather said...

Well, Happy Birthday! I had no idea our "big days" were so close together. And, I am SO SO thankful you got exactly what you wanted for your birthday- Thanks be to God!

I am impressed that David is willing to paint your toes for you- I think it would definietly require me to be NINE months pregnant with twins for Tyler to agree to that one. ;)

Toni :O) said...

Found you from Life at Sonic Speed...we share the same birthday! Except, I turned 40! Many blessings to you on the arrival of your twins!

Faith said...

So glad you had a great birthday!!! You look so amazing girl =)