Friday, March 19, 2010

Seven more days

Crazy huh?

If I don't go into labor before, or need to be induced sooner, then next Friday March 26th, our doctor is going to induce me.

The twins will be one day shy of 38 weeks that day, and that's usually as far as my doctor likes to let twin pregnancies go, simply because they run out of room.

We have a follow up appointment on this coming Monday, and I will be curious to see what my BP is and if that will move things up at all. I am also curious to see if I will go into labor on my own sooner. My contractions are not very often, they just come and go, mostly at night.

We are fine either way.

David and I are getting SO excited to meet these little ones. Last night they were partying so much in my belly that David got out the video camera and captured it. It was so cool to watch! They are getting so big.

It's surreal to sit here and think that I have a maximum of 7 more days left of pregnancy. As excited as I am to meet Luke and Abbey, I really am going to miss pregnancy. It's been so great and I truly have enjoyed it. I feel honored to have been given this gift, and I don't take a minute of it for granted.


But besides getting bigger and more uncomfortable, another thing that's growing is my fears. It's amazing how rapid and fierce they can come on. I don't know if it's just because we are getting so much closer to delivery, or because I am not working any more and my days are at a much slower pace so my mind is more idle, or what. But I find myself often asking the Lord to please take my thoughts captive.

I wrote down a bunch of verses regarding fear and God's strength to have with me during delivery. I am also working on memorizing Psalm 91.

The other night I woke up and found myself afraid. I came out to the couch and prayed and read the Bible. I have posted 1 John 4:16 on my fridge "And so we KNOW and RELY ON the love God has for us...", I kept repeating it over and over.

After awhile I calmed down and felt the Lord's peace wash over me.

I have so many requests right now....requests for a continued safe pregnancy, for a safe delivery of healthy babies, for good, solid employment for David soon, for Tony & Risa's adoption to be completed soon (still need prayers!), for my precious niece's upcoming surgery, for so many dear friends still waiting for their babies...and on and on...

I laid them all at the Lord's feet and then asked Him to be near.

Sometimes if I don't know what to do after I've spoken all my requests, and I still feel uneasy, that's all I can think of...to just beg Him to be near.

I found a comfortable position and just laid there for a bit...soon after my son got the hiccups. Oh what a precious feeling. I just laid there and felt him move, and a minute later, his sister started stirring as well.

I watched them for a bit, and then just laid my hands on my belly and my head back against the arm of the couch, and gave thanks.

Life is good.

God is good.

And I am so thankful we can know and rely on the love He has for us.

9 comments:

Acker Family said...

I will be praying for you and for a safe delivery for these babies! What a precious gift God has given you! One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 41:10 "Do not fear for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." I pray this verse encourages you as it has me over and over again!

Charity Nee said...

Amen Kendra! Praying for you... how exciting!
Blessings,

Heather said...

Kendra--I totally, totally remember having those same fears/feelings. I did the same thing....wrote out TONS of scripture to claim and it blessed me so much both times before my kiddos were born. I still can't believe (1) you have made it this far and (2) you are one week away from having your babies!!! Didn't you just tell me you were pregnant?!?!? ha! I still miss being pregnant...but I sure do love snuggling my babies in my arms. (Well, Connor barely fits anymore...but I still try to snuggle him up!)
Praying for you in this exciting time, sweet friend!! Love you so much!

Vanessa's Dad said...

I'm grateful. Undone, and grateful.

God, the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, and you and me and all that is good, is in control. And, He has your best interests at heart.

Away fear. For our God has told us to Fear Not.

Concern... now that's different. :)

LOVE,
GRAND DAD 2B

Mary said...

Praying for you and all that is going on.

Family of 5 said...

It'ts so amazing how close to when Luke and Abbey arrive! It seems to have gone so fast...and I've been following your blog before you even knew you were pregnant...so it's been so awesome to be "watching" you grow more in love with your babies every time you write a post! I can't wait to "meet" your babies through picture on the blog! :) They will be so beautifiul! Praying continually for safety and will also be lifting you up in prayer that God will give you peace and to not be anxious! He is in control!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for ya'll I've got goose bumps...ha! Know Clay and I are praying for ya'll and a healthy delivery. I can't wait to meet those little peanuts!!!

Love Ya Girl!

Jennifer

Jen S. said...

Kendra-- I think of you so often, and I'm just so happy for you :) Continuing to pray for you, Dave, and your beautiful babies.
Sending lots of love sweet friend!!

Alexis said...

Please tell me you've seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3WA9iHz5ww

Praying for you and your miracles!! Oh, and Dave, too. He's gonna need it almost as much as you!