Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hi all!

Just thought I'd jump on here real quick and say hello and of course post some pictures. We are hanging in and doing our best to get a good sense of our new "normal" =). The babies are doing FANTASTIC. They are such good babies, we are so blessed.

They had their 2 week follow up at the doctors on Monday and both babies were declared to be "thriving", praise God! Abbey is up to 6pounds 5.6 ounces! YEA!! We couldn't get an accurate reading of Luke's weight due to his casts, but we should this afternoon at his casting appointment. They said they would weigh him in between taking the old casts off and putting the new ones on. He seems to be getting bigger by the minute, so we aren't worried =).

Nursing is going pretty well. The babies tandem nurse pretty easily each session, which is a huge blessing! Sometimes one or the other will have a hard time latching on or staying on, but we can usually figure it out =). Everyone keeps telling me it gets easier with time as we all 3 get the hang of nursing, and I am clinging to those comments!! They are down to only needing one ounce of supplement after each feeding, which is down from two when we left the hospital. We have another appointment at the lactation clinic tomorrow and I am hopeful to decrease that even more.

I had my two week post c-section visit with my doctor on Monday too, and it went really well. I was able to really talk with her about so many things. One thing we had to discuss was my blood pressure, it was 162/something...way too high. She said something has to give. I told her how I am having SUCH a hard time sleeping, and really relaxing in general. It isn't so much that I am worried about the babies, I trust they are ok, it's that I can not shut my mind off for the life of me. I am constantly thinking about when the next feed is? are there enough diapers in the basket? did I switch the laundry to the dryer? what appointments do we have tomorrow and how will the feeding schedule work around them? did we pay the phone bill? should I be holding the babies instead of sleeping? are the babies about to wake up?....etc. Whether they are sleeping next to me in the pack-n-play or I am in a different room from them, I am constantly on "high alert" for them to wake up, even if someone else is "on duty"...it's so frustrating!! I don't understand why I just can't relax. She diagnosed me with anxiety induced insomnia. We talked at length about different ways to deal with this, and I am going to go back and see her in 2 weeks to check back in. Prayers for Momma to chill greatly appreciated =)

Anyways, like I said, the babies are doing so great. They are just so adorable and we fall more in love with them everyday. Here is a glimpse into the past few days...

So far neither baby has been wild about the swing...but here Luke gave it a good 10 minutes =)


Dave and I took the babies for a quick walk down the street to the park on Saturday. They LOVED the stroller! They were out like lights the minute we started rolling and stayed asleep the entire time =).
Seriously, how cute are my babies????



Lots of nap taking happening around here...


Daddy and Abbey after bath last night...



Thanks so much for all your love and prayers! We appreciate you all=)

17 comments:

Lauren said...

These posts make me soooo happy. I love you friend and miss you and glad you and your family of four are doing well!!!!

Sarah said...

Seriously? Your babies are ADORABLE. Love seeing the new pics. :)

Glad to hear that nursing is going better -- and it WILL continue to get easier for all 3 of you!!! Praying you can get some real rest.

Sarah said...

omg...the pictures were just precious! i can't get over how much the babies look like dolls in the stroller.

oh, btw, we also have that stroller. our girls are almost 3 and it is still going strong...the kids love it and it works great!

Lori said...

Yes, your babies are perfect!!! So adorable, such little miracles!!

I hope that you will be able to get a lot of sleep, and get into a comfortable, relaxed routine with the babies. I am sure that I will be worrying about all those things as well, whenever I am blessed with a miracle. I will be praying for you to have peace as a new mother!!

Heather said...

Oh my word.....I cannot STAND how cute they are! Seriously. SO STINKIN CUTE!!! I am praying, praying, PRAYING for you and the nursing....and now for your sleep, too. You are doing amazing!!! Keep hanging in there and clinging to God's new mercies every morning. You are doing GREAT!

nbrown said...

Oh my goodness, they actually look like DOLLS in the stroller, they are THAT precious. I do miss those sweet babies, a little more each day. :)

Praying for you all the time sweet sister. Your humility and raw faith has taught me so much.

The Writer Chic said...

I LOVE the pictures, and I'm so happy to hear good news about the tandem nursing. =) I'm proud of you, momma!

Also, I feel you on the anxiety induced insomnia. Been there, done that. A couple times. I will be praying sweet rest over you.

And.....we're ALMOST to a single-digit day countdown. Thinking BG will make her appearance on 4/26. Yipee!

Emily said...

They are so beautiful, Kendra!!

Not sure if this would help you to sleep, but I found that it helped for me to (a) put Kit on baby duty, (b) turn off the baby monitor in our bedroom (Elise slept in her own room) and (c) put a pillow over my head to block out sounds and extra light. I made Kit promise to wake me up if he or Elise needed me so that I didn't worry. For a while there I would even put a pillow over my head to sleep when I was on duty...I would just turn the baby monitor up really loud so that I could hear Elise if she cried and the pillow blocked out all other sounds. Not sure that it would help with you, but you might try it? And if you can't sleep that way, maybe a light-blocking eye mask would at least help some with napping during the day?

Praying for peace for your heart and mind. I promise that eventually the babies get a bit bigger, eat a bit less frequently and sleep a bit more and then your mind slows down a bit. :)

Vanessa's Dad said...

Adorable photo's and text. U R blessed. And, you two are Great parents. Thanks for sharing the blog. I know you are overwhelmed. I suspect that is starting to seem normal.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Toni :O) said...

Such beautiful beautiful babies...what a blessing! Nothing like a sleepy baby to put you to sleep when your snuggling them...enjoy this wonderful cuddle time, they are absolutely precious!

Jen S. said...

Kendra....
Love the pictures--your babies are just precious! So cute!!
I'm sorry you are having trouble sleeping and your mind is racing, etc. I feel like I had the same thing when Jeven was a baby. I have to agree with Emily who wrote about it getting easier with time. BUT for the time being I think it's great you explained everything to your Dr. so for now you can get some help and some ideas on what to do...so it can get better and ease up real soon.
I keep you all in my prayers always.
Thinking of you, David and those precious sweet babies!! Sending lots of love :)

Annsterw said...

Sooooo happy for your family!!!!! The babies are adorable - congrats again!

Kim said...

They are precious!! I'm so glad they're thriving! We have the same stroller and we love it. Something you might want to try.. there's a cloth part under the seats that unfolds to velcro onto the front bars for little ones. Mine still like to have it like that sometimes.

Rebekah said...

Oh, they are so precious! I know your heart is so full!

Lianna Knight said...

Precious pics!! Those little ones are too darn ADORABLE!! I love the pic of daddy with both babies on the couch...priceless :)

Acker Family said...

Such sweet babies! They seriously look like dolls in that stroller picture!! Glad to hear the nursing is going good-keep it up!! Praying for you :)

Stephanie said...

Sweet babies.

I have the crazy post-partem anxiety too (when I'm post-partem, that is). Making crazy spread sheets and waiting for the next cry.

Once you're able, exercise has helped me the most. Even walking around the block while you're still recovering (preferably alone) helps clear my head and release a little nervous energy.