Monday, April 26, 2010

Redemption

I know, I have written about redemption before, here.

This is a continuation post in some ways to the first one.

In November of 2006, David and I lost our first pregnancy. In December of 2006, David's brother Tony and his wife Risa lost their first pregnancy.

It was a rough holiday season for our family.

Some might say it even made for a rough 2007.



Flash forward to Spring of 2010...

March 26th, 2010 when David and I are in the delivery room waiting to meet our children, and we find out Tony & Risa finally have an official court date to finalize their adoption...

March 31st, 2010 when David and I bring our babies home from the hospital, and Tony and Risa bring their children home (while still in the Ukraine for a bit) from the orphanage...

April 24th, 2010 when our children all met each other for the first time...


That is a picture of the Lord's sweet redemption.

Three and a half years later, we have 5 children between us.

We had ordinary in mind, and He had extraordinary.

The Lord led us on very different, difficult, beautiful journeys. And I know I speak for all 4 of us when I say that every second was completely worth it.


"My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-I, whom you have redeemed" Psalm 71:23

17 comments:

Aunt Carol said...

What sweet words, Kendra. I'm so happy for all of you, especially the kids. They are the luckiest children in the world to be so wanted and loved.

Love, Aung Carol

Amanda said...

Hallelujuh!!! (Why does that look like it's spelled wrong?) Praise God! Tears in my eyes at the wonderful picture and your beautiful words giving God the glory for the special day. Parents and Cousins!!!!

Family of 5 said...

Talk about giving some tears of joy! What a beautiful story both families have to tell of how God is so sovereign and answers prayers in amazing ways!
That is precious!

Keri said...

Reading your posts bring back so many memories. What an adorable family. I know it really doesnt seem like it now, but these two little ones will be sleeping through the night in no time!!!

Heather said...

OK, now I'm crying. So thrilled for all of you guys. How sweet is the Lord and his plan. What a GORGEOUS family!

Heather said...

This just gave me chills reading it and seeing the picture. LOVE the picture of "redemption." Thank you, Lord. Praising Him for all He has done for you...and for me!

Faith said...

Praise the Lord!!

The Coach's Wife said...

Amazing!!!

Alexis said...

What a beautiful story! I'm so sorry that you all had to go through that pain, but I'm so thankful that the Lord has worked through it. Congratulations to you, auntie!!

the name's emily. said...

God is so good, its hard to even fathom. Yes, these years have been painful, but this redemption could not have been sweet or more perfectly timed!
Isn't it neat to look in hindsight and think that God KNEW all along, through all the pain and suffering, that this day would come?! All we had to do was trust!

Lauren said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sitting here crying tears of joy! God is so good...I can't explain how happy I am for y'all :) God's timing is always perfect and His plan is so rewarding! So happy to see all those beautiful children together!!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

Prevenient Grave.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Jenna said...

I'm crying on this side of the screen!! Praise God for his faithfulness!

Becoming a family said...

Yes, that every second was worth it!!! And I want to thank your friends who responded to your request to pray for us while we were in Ukraine. We were encouraged by the comments and prayers. God is faithful and worthy of our trust!

Lori said...

Praise the Lord!! This post made me so emotional. It is so amazing how our Lord works. At the time of heartache you can never see a light at the end of this journey. But I should know by now that our Lord has bigger plans. That picture is so priceless!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog, and have been enjoying reading about your sweet babies - so cute!

I love your comment - we had the ordinary in mind, He had the extraordinary in mind.

This rings true in my life as well. My husband and I had been married for 4 years when we found out we were expecting our first baby. This was after numerous tests to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant, and also following surgery to have a strange tumour removed.

Now we are 11 1/2 years married, and we have 4 wonderful sons! Life is so much fun - and noise!

My brother and his wife have been dealing with unexplained infertility, and now are excited about the probably-impending adoption of 5 month old twins (siblings of children adopted by my husband's sister and her husband).

God is so good! And all of this so undeserved! How true are your words!

Feel free to visit our blog:
www.jlozn.blogspot.com

Enjoy your day - may God bless with much wisdom, strength and patience that you need daily as you raise your babies!

ltenhage@gmail.com