Friday, August 27, 2010

5 Months!

I know I say this every month, but I just can't believe another month has already flown by...our babes are FIVE months old today!!


Our morning photo shoot:









I loved this one from after our shoot was over, Luke just reached over and put his hand on Abigail's leg. He's so sweet with her =)



My sweet babies,

Since I was so late in writing your 4 month post, I feel like I just wrote to you!
-You are both still wearing 3-6 month clothes, and some 6 month outfits.
-Both still in size 2 diaper
-Both eating rice cereal mixed with breast milk at dinner time.
-Both have rolled over (Abbey stomach to back, Luke back to stomach)
-Both giggling a lot!
-You guys have figured out that I am your food source for sure. When I get home from work, I can't come kiss on you until I am ready to feed! I have to change, wash my hands, and get all ready to nurse before I say my official "hello" or you guys start fussing =). Same thing if I walk passed you while you are hungry, if I don't pick you up and feed you, the whimpering starts!


Abbey, my sweet girl, you have become our super napper! You almost always nap for at least an hour, sometimes an hour and a half! You are waking up happier now, and although sometimes you still need some time when you first awake, we often here you just laying in your crib "talking" to yourself for a bit when you wake up...it's adorable! You have become much more of a cuddler this month, and I am SO happy about it! When you are being burped, you will often lay your head down on our shoulders and just rest it there for a bit. Or when you are standing up on our legs (which you still just love) you will lean in for an open mouthed kiss, or just to lean against us in a hug. When we carry you upright, you almost always curl one of your arms around our arm and back, in a half hug. So sweet. You are loving your rice cereal in the evening, and have become very good at opening your mouth and swallowing. You get so happy and start kicking your legs when we put you in your seat and put your bib on - cereal time! You are full of smiles and giggles lately, and we can't get enough of it. You are such a delightful little thing! You absolutely ADORE your daddy. You think he hung the moon. You will stare at him from across the room and just wait for him to look at you, and then you burst into a giant grin and a giggle. When I am nursing you two in the morning, he has to sit on whatever side you are facing while we talk, or you just won't focus because you pull off and turn to watch him and listen. You still love when I sing to you, especially songs with hand motions or finger plays. You LOVE the exersaucer, and you just go crazy in there sometimes! Your favorite toy on there is the apple, you play with that one piece intently...grabbing it, pulling it towards you, putting it in your mouth, chewing on it, releasing it, and beginning all over again! You have become a major spitter-upper lately, which is not so fun for your Daddy and I. We call you "The Silent Spitter", because we often don't even hear you spit up, we just all of a sudden realize our shoulder or the area around us is wet. You are becoming more and more ticklish, and beginning to enjoy games like peek-a-boo more, and you've been rewarding both with giggles for us! You make the most adorable squeal and squeaks, and we just love listening to you.

Lucas, my sweet little boy, what a cuddlebug you are! And Momma just loves it! I can't get enough of your sweet snuggles. You are so content to just sit on a lap or lay in someones arms. Lately when I rock you across my lap you reach up and put your hand gently on my face and just leave it there...and I just melt! You still are such a smiley boy. You smile all the time! You aren't as great at taking long naps like your sister, your naps average about 30-45 minutes, but you always wake up happy, so we don't push it =). You are GREAT at going down for naps and bed time most of the time, we just rock you through one round of "Amazing Grace", lay you in your crib with your binky in your mouth, hand you your blankie and your lovie, you turn into you blankie and put your lovie right next to -or directly on top of!- your face, and off to sleep you drift! You are still an early riser...which I am praying is something you grow out of =). You often wake between 5:00am-6:30am. You are wide awake, happy, and ready to start your day! This morning it was 5:10am. I tried to bring you back into our bed and nurse you back to sleep, but you nursed for about 15 minutes and then laid between us and talked. Adorable, but not conducive to sleep for us =). So I brought you into the family room so Daddy could sleep some more, and you and I just cuddled and played. You constantly have your fingers in your mouth these days, as many as you can get in there. Sometimes it seems like you are trying to fit both your hands all the way in there! You are getting to the point where we can "turn" you out of a fuss by just smiling at you or doing something silly to make you laugh. We love this =). Really, you are pretty easy to please almost all the time, unless you have to have your nose picked. Never are you so offended and your feelings so hurt as to when we have to clean out your nose for you. Oh the Alligator tears! You are still totally into your rice cereal, and just like your sister, you start kicking and flailing your arms when we put you in your chair and put your bib on, and then you smile and coo in between spoonfuls. You seem to be exploring what new noises you can make with your mouth every day, and you often sound like you are making bird calls, it's so cute! Your favorite toys lately seem to be your keys and teething rings, and you still love to play with the taggie blankets too. You have been doing the funniest thing lately, we call it Lucas Happy Time. You just all of a sudden get in the silliest of moods, and you will just start wiggling and shrieking and giggling and moving your legs back and forth quickly and just having a little party!! It's so fun to watch =)



We just love you, Lucas and Abigail, and we are so very proud to be your parents. So very grateful God chose US to get to raise you. Happy 5 months, my sweet babies.

Love- Momma

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh, they are so cute! I just want to snuggle them!

Jen S. said...

Luke and Abbey are both so precious! I love their cute, sweet, little smiles...it just melts my heart!
Great to hear their updates--sounds like they are both doing great!

Aunt Carol said...

I love these "birthday" updates.

Lianna Knight said...

LOVE those sweet little smiles :)

Vanessa's Dad said...

You are great parents. Luke & Abbey are blessed. Some day, they will love reading the text and seeing the blog photo's, and realizing how much you love them.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD