Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wow...

Last night, as I read the updates on Brayden and Harper, I was just in awe of God's goodness. When Jenna says "I talked to his morning nurse and she said that it's very, very uncommon for PPHN to go away this fast." I just started crying.

That is God.

I believe in miracles. I believe in miraculous healings. I have been witness to several, one in particular serves as a constant reminder to me of the goodness of God. I even have my own from when I was very little...maybe someday I will have my dad guest post and tell the story.



My awe continued to grow as I read Kelly's dad, Pastor_Steve's entry last night. Tears just streamed down my face as I read his wise words. I am guilty of sub coming to my human nature and asking "why?" so many times in my own life, and I have definitely asked "why?" in regards to Kelly and Jenna's recent trials. Kelly's dad's post last night was so insightful and uplifting, I would encourage every one to take a moment and go here and read it.



I am so encouraged by the progress Brayden and Harper are showing, but as my sister so wisely put it, a NICU stay is a marathon, not a sprint. Let us remain faithful in prayer for these babies and their families!!



This weekend Dave and I watched "Facing the Giants" on recommendation of my dear friend Julie. We both enjoyed it, and if you haven't seen it, you should rent it. There was one part in movie that really stood out to me, where one of the actors says that the Bible mentions "Do Not Fear" 365 times.

One for every day of the year.

Coincidence?? I. Think. Not.

5 comments:

Vanessa's Dad said...

The Lord did not give us hearts of fear. He is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. He is in control. And, He has our best interests in mind.

LOVE, DAD

Faith said...

God is moving in awesome ways in all of our lives. He is so good and so faithful!

Jenna said...

It really is all so amazing!!!

MiMi said...

It has been very exciting to watch God move in so many lives recently. He definitely is able to do far greater than we could ever ask or think!

Heather said...

I am missing you, girlie!!! Hope you are doing well and I am praying for you!!!