Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A little light shopping...

Now that all our baby showers are complete (pictures from the work shower coming soon), Dave and I headed to Babies R Us and Target to collect all the things we still needed.

We were SO BLESSED at all three of our showers! We received SO much great stuff. I was absolutely stunned after each shower at how generous our friends and family are. Seriously.

But, there were still a few things that remained that we needed/wanted. SO, we loaded up our car with the few returns we had (some doubles of things we got that we didn't actually need two of) and headed out.

We also grabbed all the gift cards we had been given.

This is what we came home with:


Not pictured are two crib mattresses, a swing, and a crib.
(we had been given two used cribs, but one of the people who gave us theirs recently found themselves unexpectedly expecting, and we didn't feel right keeping it after learning that! So we gave it back to them. But we found a smoking deal on a crib, and it came with a free mattress!)



Guess how much David and I spent of our own money on all this?

Nope, guess again.

Nope, one more time.

Ok, I will just tell you.


$20.47

Total.


Here I sit, stunned again.

We have been so incredibly blessed. I am just amazed at how many people have been so generous with us! So many thoughtful and kind people in our lives. We had a TON of gift cards, and found some great deals at the stores, and viola. Completely provided for.

I still can not believe it.

This has been such a huge reminder to me of one, how God provides. And two, how much of a blessing I can be to other people. People's generosity towards us has touched us so greatly, and I find myself wanting to bless others in the same way.

Lord, help me to do so.

8 comments:

the name's emily. said...

Wow! That is so amazing! PTL :]

Lori said...

WOW! What a blessing! You got a lot of stuff! How exciting to be buying baby stuff for your twins!! I love it! I am so ecstatic for you, its still unbelievable! Love ya and take care of yourself!

Jenna said...

So great! God is good!

Family of 5 said...

What a wonderful blessing! Those are two blessed babies and parents! :) So great!

Vanessa's Dad said...

U R funny.
:)

LOVE,
DAD

Bonnie said...

Those babies are going to be so blessed with such a wonderful mommy & daddy! :)

Lauren said...

So incredibly awesome!!!!!! God is so good!! :)

The Writer Chic said...

Yea!!!! =) I can only imagine how your excitement is growing by the day.