Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dedication

This post is WAY overdue!

On May 23rd - as in, almost a month ago- we had the babies dedicated at our Church.

For those of you that aren't familiar with this process, it's basically a public acknowledgment that we are dedicating our children to the Lord, and promising to do our best to raise them in the path of Jesus, knowing that they are really His children.

What I love about our Church, is that our Pastor also makes note of how the Church family also has a role in this. They are asked to pray for our children, and for David and I as parents. It takes a village =).



Our little family =-)



Abbey meeting Uncle Peter for the first time

Pastor Steve holding Luke and addressing the congregation


David and I each spoke a little bit too...


My daddy and his first grandson...


It was a very special Sunday for us. I had spent years dreaming about having children, and just like Hannah in the Bible, I promised the Lord that if He granted us this request, I would give them back to Him. I am praying He will help us daily to be good examples of what it means to live your life for Him, and that He will help us have wisdom and patience to raise these children. And most of all, that He will help us see what an honor it is to be Luke and Abbey's parents. He chose us to raise these children. We were His first and only choice, and I pray we are daily worthy of that calling.

David and I were so blessed by how many of our family members were able to make it there to mark such a special day with us. We all took up like 3 rows! Our babies are so blessed to have such a wonderful and loving extended family.

After Church we all went out to lunch, and had a fabulous time!



Part of the reason this post is so overdue is I never got any pictures of just the two babies in their outfits we had picked out for the day. And then Auntie Natalie (who was here to visit and help that weekend) somehow ended up with Abbey's headband in her purse and so it went back to Salem with her, so we had to wait until the outfit was "complete" again to do a photo shoot =).

And my very favorite one...
...I swear that is not staged, they hold hands quite often, and yes, it melts us every. single. time. =)

7 comments:

Heather said...

They are just the CUTEST! Looks like a beautiful little ceremony. ♥

Amanda said...

Such a special day. Wish we could have been there, but I know you were surrounded by loved ones. I love the shot of Dad with his only grandson. Luke looks like he's looking right up at "Bad Dad". I love the photo session at the end. They are showing such personalities! And their outfits are indeed precious. I love the delicate and worldly flair of the embroidery. Thank you for the reminder of the importance of giving our children back to Him and praying daily that we do right by His blessing of with the gift of raising His children.

Aunt Carol said...

I love these pictures.

Vanessa's Dad said...

I'm undone. Love it.

GRAND DAD

Lianna Knight said...

OMGoodness!! I can't believe how adorbable your babies are getting. AND I love the thought of them holding hands all the time...so so sweet!! And their outfits are just precious :)

Lori said...

They are so precious!!! Those are the cutest pictures ever!!! Baby decication is so special!

Lauren said...

What an absolutely beautiful day for your family!!! Love ALL the pictures!! Love you much!!