Sunday, June 20, 2010

Professional pictures

Back when the babies were about 3 1/2 weeks old, we had some professional pictures taken. This lady did a FABULOUS job! She spent SEVEN hours with us to get all the "right" shots. I will say that it was pretty stressful at times (crying babies to calm, and they had to be nekkid all day for the pictures, so there was lots of bodily fluids flowing all over...as in, on us) and seven hours made for a lonnnnng day, but it was totally worth it.

Like I said, the photographer was amazing. If you live in the Pacific NW, email me and I will give you her info. She even worked us a deal and let me pay one sitting fee for 2 sessions (a maternity session and then the newborn photos). Her pictures are spendy, but it's an investment I am SO glad we made. The babies already have grown and changed a ton since these were taken, but I remember them this way...precious, tiny newborns...and I am so glad we have these now to forever mark that time in our lives.

We had over 220 images to choose from, and we had such a hard time narrowing down which ones to purchase. Thanks to a very generous early Christmas present from my Aunt Kay, we were able to buy several prints that we really loved...


Daddy and little Luke


Little Abbey in Momma's arms


Our sweet little miracles


Our extremely blessed family



(That one is our favorite! We ordered a big 11x14 of it!)

We are getting these all framed this week, and soon they will be proudly hung around our house. I think they turned out just beautiful and I can't wait to have them be permanent fixtures on our walls, to serve as daily reminders of God's faithfulness, and how He is in the details...you may remember I told you all earlier how that very week we had these scheduled for, we were randomly and quite unexpectedly given the gift of a week off of Luke's casts. Every time I look at his chubby little beautiful legs in these pictures, I can't help but think about how different they would have turned out if he had his big ol' casts on during the photo shoot. They still would have been great pictures, but it just would have been... different. It just feels like such a reminder of how He truly does care about EVERY detail of our lives, and loves to bless us, even in the little ways where we hadn't even voiced our request, but He knows our hearts desire.

9 comments:

Jen S. said...

I love the pictures...they are so wonderful and special and beautiful. Thanks for sharing them :)

Aunt Carol said...

That last picture is my favorite, too. Those two are growing so fast, it makes my head spin.

Heather said...

Again, gorgeous photos! Those prints will be just beautiful hanging in your home. I honestly believe that quality photography is a VERY worthwhile investment.

Family of 5 said...

Those are so beautiful! I looked at the link when you email it to a bunch of us a few weeks ago and I was teary just looking at all them! She is an amazing photographer! I don't know how you choose which ones!

Lori said...

They are all so precious!! She did a wonderful job!!! Those pictures will be so special forever!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

In His time, and in His way, He does give you your heart's desire. You are blessed. Happy Father's Day, indeed.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Lianna Knight said...

ALL of them are so beautiful. I love the one of L and A snuggling together...precious :)

beckylbranch said...

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL! They are little angels....

Keri said...

awesome pictures!!!! It makes me want twins:)