Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pics and a question

Hey all! What a blogging slacker lately =)

Here are a few pics from the last 2 weeks...


A coworker of mine made the babies these ADORABLE cupcake hats, and Emily and I had dress up time with them one day before a walk...



Most days when I get home from work (right before 6pm) the babies are really drowsy. I nurse them for about a half hour, and then we play for a bit, then I nurse them again around 7:30pm and then they head to bed after that.
Well the other day I came home to some seriously tired babies...

Lights. Out.

Isn't that hilarious?!


Anyways, lastly I am wondering what wonderful 4-6 hour crockpot recipes you all have out there...come on, give 'em up! It's been working great if a couple days a week we can throw something in the crockpot before I leave for work and then have dinner DONE already when I get home. But I am already running out of recipes, so I need your help! And by the way, I am more looking for quick throw-all-the-ingredients-in-the-crockpot kind of recipes, not the ones that take 27 hours to PREP before even starting the timer. Thanks!

Happy Saturday!

7 comments:

The Tylers said...

Here are a few of my favorite crockpot recipes...

http://pcjpthompson.blogspot.com/2009/09/yummy-recipe.html

http://hollyfurtick.typepad.com/the_preachers_wife/2010/01/recipe-chicken-tacos-in-crock-pot.html

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chicken-Veggie-Alfredo

Hoping to get some other yummy ideas from other comments!

Aunt Carol said...

Those are definitely pooped little people. Did David have them working in the backyard or what?

Love, Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

pack of boneless/skinless chicken thighs
10 oz enchilada sauce
2 cans mexican stewed tomatoes
2 can chilli beans in sauce
yellow pepper chopped
onion chopped

chicken enchilada chilli. Just throw it all in cook for 7 hours.
great topped with sour cream and cilantro and some corn bread

Amy xx

Lauren said...

How stinkin cute are those cupcake hats!!! ADORABLE!!! :) and those pics are too funny!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

The Kiddo's like their sleep. Just like Mommy.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Heather said...

Those hats are the cutest.thing.ever! They really do know how to sleep, huh? Too funny!

Our fav easy peasy crock pot recipe- we throw 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (they can even be FROZEN), a can of black beans rinsed and drained, a jar of salsa, and a bag of frozen corn. I usually cook on high for about an hourk, and then turn to low for a few more, but really any way is fine, so long as the ckicken cooks through. Then, about a half hour before serving, I use a fork to sort of shred the chicken (it falls apart) and throw a brick of cream cheese on top (I use 1/3 less fat). After 30 or so minutes, stir and serve. Great on tortillas, with tortilla chips as "dip" or even over white rice. YUM!

nbrown said...

I know you're getting a lot of Mexican-ish recipes, but I'm trying this one out today and I'm pretty excited about it. I'll let you know how they turn out:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/slow-cooker-green-chili-pork-tacos/

Also, I made this one for Vanessa one time and I think she enjoyed it:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/slow-cooker-island-bbq-chicken/