Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ugh.

Two posts in one day?! What would prompt such a thing you ask????

A need to complain.

Lucas. Has. Thrush.

And we are pretty sure I do to.

Ugh.

On my way to Walgreens to pick up an RX for the wee babes (Abbey is just starting to show signs, so we are treating them both.)

Every binky we own is currently being boiled on our stovetop, along with every pumping piece I own.

And as per the doctor, we will sterilize them every.single.day until none of us are showing any symptoms...which could be up to two weeks from now apparently.

It feels a little like headlice.

Did I mention UGH???

Well, at least he isn't showing any signs of being in any pain. He is still nursing just fine...thank God. Please pray he continues to. We have worked so hard to get to this point with breastfeeding and I just can't even stand the idea of taking a step backwards...

Thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Linda Lee Brown Ayers said...

Kendra. I have done the thrush thing with at least 3 of you. Each of you continued to nurse without any issues. At 12 weeks you are well enough established. Just relax.
You are doing an amazing job.

Costco sells little pork roasts 3 to a pack. I think Winco does, also. You can buy the frozen stew veggies and toss them in the crockpot. (Thaw the roast first).

I love you.
mom

Vanessa's Dad said...

Ahhh Parenting... the most frustrating, rewarding, frustrating task on earth. Two steps forward, one step back; two steps forward, down the trap door; two steps forward...

Hang in there... (like you have a choice?)

Happy Fourth of July!

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Anonymous said...

Oh Kendra, I have never commented before but I had to comment on this! I went through this with both of my boys, with my first I didn't know how to get it stopped and ended up putting him on formula because I didn't know what to do. With him I went to my doctor and they put me on antibiotics that did nothing to help it.

With my second son the same thing happened and instead of going to my doctor I went to a lactation consultant who helped me get it cleared right up!

What she told me to do was mix equal parts anti-itch cream (cortizone) anti-fungal cream (monistat) and triple anti-biotic ointment and put it on my chest right after he ate. Then right before he needed to eat again wash it off with very mild cleanser (cetaphil). It helped me right away and never came back.

I know how frustrating it can be to pass it back and forth and get no relief, so I just wanted to offer what worked for me! Hope you both get cleared up soon!

the name's emily. said...

Oh dear :(

I will DEFINITELY be praying!!!

Heather said...

No fun! I've never had to deal with thrush, but I do know PLENTY of mamas who have, and have been able to nurse through without any problems!

Praying for a speedy recovery for all!

Jennifer D Allen said...

there is also a product at all pharmacies(?SP).It is called ultra violet I think, It will work better then any of the medicinesa dr can give you. My son had it for almost 6 weeks and nothing worked but it dd in 4 hours . It turns everything a blueish / purplish color but works miracles if the meds don't work!