Sunday, July 25, 2010

Take me out to the ball game

David plays on our Church's softball team once a week, and yesterday was their Summer Tournament. It's an ALL day event, and normally I go for (nearly) the whole day and cheer the guys on, but this year was a little different, since we have the twins =). It was supposed to be 95 degrees yesterday, which I realize isn't much for some of you Southern friends, but for us Oregonians, that's hot.

Auntie Natalie hadn't seen the babies in like 8 days which is far passed her limit (we are so blessed!!) so she came over in the morning and helped me load up the kidlets and head out to the ball park. We got there around 11:00am, just in time to catch the 3rd game. Our guys won (yea!) and it was really fun to get to see my cute husband play some ball =). The babies were SO good! They just hung out in people's laps, and then I nursed them (individually, of course...I find it hard enough to nurse one baby sitting on a backless bleacher, at the same time would have been impossible!) and then passed them off to take naps on Auntie Natalie...

(there's a sleeping Lucas under there)

After that game we stuck around for the break time and enjoyed some free BBQ and pizza. Again, the babies were so good!


It was so fun to get out and enjoy the beautiful -albeit hot- Saturday. I was so pleased to see the twins did so great and even each got some naps in. The thing I was most worried about was nursing them in public, and that went great! I just had to catch them before they got hungry, that way I didn't have one screaming hungry baby while I was trying to feed the other =)

After a few hours Natalie and I took the babies home and played with them. I got some adorable video of them each playing with their Auntie...but for some reason I can't get them to load right now =(. And since it's after 9:00pm and David and I just spent 45 minutes randomly rearranging our living room in a desperate attempt to create more space, I better sign off for now. I will figure out how to upload them later.

Happy Sunday all.



6 comments:

Lauren said...

YAY!! So glad they did great at the same!! :) love that picture of your family of four!! :)

Lauren said...

YAY!! So glad they did great at the same!! :) love that picture of your family of four!! :)

Lori said...

It looks like you did such a great job with the babies in that heat!! 95 degrees is hot!!! We have had that scorching weather here too!

beckylbranch said...

I love those twinkies I just want to give them some sugars! I'm glad they were so good...it gets so much easier the older they get :) They look so happy! Load those videos up so we can see them too...don't forget :P 95 degrees...ha..ha..it was like 110 here! ahh!

Aunt Carol said...

Nice to see some more up-and-coming sports fans.

Vanessa's Dad said...

Fun photo's.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD