Monday, November 1, 2010

Round Two...

Here we go again.

Last night Luke woke up at 10:30pm, and puked all.over. I mean it was like Mount Vesuvius. He also had 102 degree fever.

I called the ped's office and spoke to the advice nurse, who said it sounds like a stomach virus that just has to run it's course.

Fun stuff.

He and I slept on the couch last night.

I use the term "slept" very loosely.

He was fitful and restless all night long. Poor little guy. He was even whimpering in his sleep, bless his little heart.

I had to wake Dave up at 2:30am when Abbey woke up to nurse, so that he could hold Luke while I nursed her.

Then I had to wake him up again at 5:15am, just to take over for an hour before he needed to get ready for work. I hated to wake him since he had to work all day today and I had already woken him for 1/2 hour in the middle of the night, but I was so tired I knew it was reaching the point where it would be dangerous for me to be with both babies all day if I didn't get some sleep.

I got back up at 6:30am so Dave could get ready for work.

My sister Natalie is here to help this morning, and my Mom is coming for the afternoon.

I am thankful for my helpful family.

Please keep us in your prayers again today!

Thank you!!

9 comments:

lklomicka said...

We just went through that with Emma! Poor Luke! I hope he feels better and that you all get some sleep soon.

Lauren said...

Poor guy!!!!! Hope he gets to feeling better!!!

Alexis said...

So sorry to hear that! Praying Abbey and Dave will be spared. Good thing you have such a great and helpful family. My MIL lives next door, and she's been a life saver for me when I've been icky. Praying for you all!!

Lauren said...

Praying for you and Luke!!

Lori said...

Oh Kendra, I am so sorry that Luke is sick now. I know how worried you were that it would spread. I will be saying a prayer for you. I hope and pray he will feel better soon, and that the worst is over.

Jen S. said...

Oh Kendra, I feel so bad Luke is sick. I hope he feels better real soon, and I also hope everyone else stays healthy.
I will say prayers.

Once Upon A Time said...

Oh no! You are in my prayers- sending healing thoughts your way!

Vanessa's Dad said...

It's hard having sick babies, and I cannot imagine having Twins and dealing with illness. You cannot do it alone, and I'm glad family can help you and Dave cope.

Tengo familia.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

The Writer Chic said...

I'm right there with you. Erin puked 4 times in a 20 minute span last night, and she is so horribly congested in her chest. We go to the dr on Wednesday. Prayers for you and all our babies. xoxox