Sunday, November 9, 2008

Date Night!

I love a good date night! Especially when my date is this cute:

In an effort to better enjoy this amazing city we moved to a year and a half ago, the husband and I have decided to venture out to a new restaurant every month. We switch off taking turns who plans the date night.
Last month he took me to a swanky Italian place downtown, which was great! This month was my turn, so last night I took him to The Melting Pot. Have you ever been there? Oh. My. Goodness. Soooooo good!!!!! We tried the "Big Night Out". Big being the operative word there...it was 4 courses! It included the cheese fondue appetizer -which we selected the spinach and artichoke dip one- that we dipped bread, chips, apples, and some veggies in. David got a kick out of me trying to stab a carrot with my fondue-dipping-thing: (do they have an actual name?)
After the cheese fondue came the salads, which were delicious too.
Then came the main part of the meal. We had steak, shrimp, pork, chicken, salmon, ravioli, potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, and zucchini to cook in a tasty broth, and then dip in a vast variety of dipping sauces. Yum again.
But then...then came the desert. If you ever go to a Melting Pot, please promise me you will not leave without trying some of their chocolate fondue. Please. They have such an amazing variety of chocolate fondue, it was so hard to choose! We picked the smore's fondue, which did not disappoint. Milk chocolate, marshmallow cream, with crushed graham crackers on top:

And yes, that is cheesecake, pound cake, strawberries, bananas, oreo covered marshmallows, crushed graham cracker covered marshmallows, brownie bites, and graham crackers to dip into the chocolatey goodness.
And dip we did.
We left there soooo full we were both literally groaning!! But we were also smiling! =-)
Three cheers for date night!!!!




6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have only been once to the Melting Pot, but it was fabulous. It's a great group place, too. There were 7 or 8 of us when we went, and we had so much fun. Plus there's so much FOOD, it was good to have so many people to share it with.

Faith said...

Oh yes m'am, the Melting Pot is so good. And, that dessert is unbelievable!!! Glad you had a great date night!

natalierochelle said...

do you suppose Q and i could join you in testing out some new restaurants in the portland area sometime soon? ;)

Vanessa's Dad said...

Thanks for letting us vicariously enjoy your Date Night.

I had a wonderful time, and didn't gain any wait!

LOVE,
KENDRA'S DAD

Amanda said...

Great choice little sister!! Melting Pot is one of my FAVORITE restaurants. Although I have to say, everytime I do the "Big Night Out" I always wish instead that I had skipped the meat course and ordered ala carte. Yeah, I know that's the fancy one, but I always feel like I have to cut back on the amount of cheese course I eat (and come on, who wants to limit the amount of yummy melted cheese they eat?!) so that I will still have room for the chocolate course at the end. And one MUST have room for the chocolate!!! I might have even been known to go there just for the chocolate course and order two different kinds of the chocolate fondue... Yummu! Glad you had such a great date night!!

Unknown said...

KC so wants to go to the Melting Pot! Egads I say, I'll be on the elliptical for a year trying to burn off the decadent goodness of dipping, dipping, dipping. Sounds terrific though.