Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!!

The results are in!! No, not the Presidential results, the other results we were waiting for.
This afternoon I received a text from my mom that said "He got it all!!!".
"He" being her surgeon. I immediately closed my office door so I could cry tears of joy and call her.
"He got it all?" I asked.
"Yes! My margins were clear." she replied.
"So, what's next?" I inquired.
"NOTHING" was her blessed answer.

Nothing. No chemo. No radiation. No medications. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
The only thing is she will have to have her woman's exams every 6 months now as opposed to every year.

I feel so incredibly relieved. And thankful. Thank you so much to all of you sweet bloggers out there who left comments and said prayers on behalf of my family. I am so grateful!!
And THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was reminded again today how often I liken our God to Santa Claus. (Stay with me, I am going somewhere here...) I had this feeling of dread this morning, like it was just about time we received some bad news. You may remember a few weeks ago my little niece had open heart surgery, and we were absolutely blown away with what God did in that situation. (You can read more about that day of miracles on my Sept 17th post, for some reason I can't link it here ). So this morning I was feeling as if I had just asked for too much. Like I had a "blessings received" quota and it was already filled for the year. Like God was Santa Claus or something and I didn't want to ask Him for too much...didn't want to be greedy.
Does anyone else ever feel that way?
Well, it's simply not true! God wants to bless us!!! He is our Father, and He longs to bless His children. There is no "blessings received" quota, and no limit to what He can and will do for us!
Now instead of watching election coverage tonight, I think I will sit quietly and read Psalms of praise to Him. =-)

Ephesians 3:20-21 says "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Praise God! I am so glad that your mom got wonderful news from the dr. I will continue to keep her in my prayers

Faith said...

Praising the Lord with you!!! How great is our God!!

The Writer Chic said...

Yea! Kendra, I'm so happy for you and your family. Thank you, Lord!

natalierochelle said...

i'm so glad i made a last minute decision to check this tonight because i still hadn't heard ANYTHING. i didn't want to stress mom out more by asking, so i was just waiting.

thanks for getting the news out there.

love you.

Vanessa's Dad said...

God won't give us more than we can handle, so be sure to be ready for Great Blessings.

LOVE, DAD

Mary said...

Wonderful news!

Unknown said...

That is fantastic news! God is so good!