Thursday, October 21, 2010

Laughter

There are so many wonderful things about having two babies at the same time...
...twice the cuddles...
...twice the smiles...
...twice the adorable little clothes...
...twice the love...


There are also many hard things about raising two babies at the same time. No sense in listing them all, but I will say one of the hardest is the way they feed off each other.
If one wakes up crying -either from a nap or in the middle of the night- and the other is not in a deep enough sleep, that one gets woken up too, and you have two cranky babies on your hands.
If one starts to meltdown, and you aren't able to fix it "quick" enough, inevitably the other baby's lower lip starts to quiver as if to say "we're upset!" and you have two crying babies.


But earlier this week, something absolutely beautiful happened.


I put Luke in the Johnny Jump-Up, and Abbey in the exersaucer next to him (my husband's brilliant idea, so they could play "together"), and I went around the corner into our spare room to download some pictures onto our computer.
All of a sudden I heard Abbey giggle. Then giggle again. I couldn't figure out what would be making her laugh...did one of the cats walk by? Then I heard Luke chuckle, and then immediately Abbey burst out laughing. And that's when it hit me. They were feeding off each others laughter.

My two babies were cracking each other up.

I had the camera in the room with me, so I peaked it around the corner and into the hallway to catch these precious moments on video. I tried to stay out of sight, so that the fun that was occurring between them remained just between the two of them.






9 comments:

Emily said...

This just made my heart melt and tears fill up my eyes! Sooooooo precious!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa's Dad said...

You just can't help but smile and laugh when you listen to these two precious Gifts from God enjoying each other.

Weee! Life is fun.

Thanks for sharing.

LOVE, GRAND DAD

Aunt Carol said...

That's the best video ever. What a delight. Thank you!

Love, Aunt Carol

Lauren said...

SO SWEET!!!! :)

Faith said...

That is precious!!

Linda Lee Brown Ayers said...

Thanks for posting this!!!

Alexis said...

SO precious! A baby's laughter is the most beautiful music in the world. So glad you caught it on camera. That's one to treasure for sure.

Nink said...

Oh my gosh, that is soooooooo sweet! I've always heard of one baby crying causing the other to cry as well, but didn't realize it may also apply to laughter!!! They are going to be the best of friends as they grow up. :) So precious!

Kristen and Andy said...

Sweetest video ever - nothing better than a baby's laughter :)