Saturday, October 9, 2010

Opinionated


The other day the Babies R Us mailer came, and I was flipping through it. I saw their Christmas clothes were on sale, buy one, get one 50%. Sweet deal when you've got twins. I started thinking about the family photo I want to have taken in early December, both to mark the babies 9 months and also to have for Christmas cards.

I loved one little dress in particular, and thought it would look just precious on my baby girl (then again, what doesn't?) And I thought a certain little argyle sweater set next to it would look adorable on my baby boy (then again, what doesn't? =-) ).

I mentally started thinking about what David and I had in our closets to match these outfits for the babes, (which of course led to me silently cursing these remaining pregnancy pounds because not everything in my closet fits again...yet.) I left the mailer open on the kitchen table and went about my evening, then went to bed.

When I got up the next morning I saw the mailer on the kitchen counter, only this time there was something different about it...


Turns out my husband has a lot to say about what the babies can and cannot wear in our family photo.

At least we agree on the dress. (he wrote "this one's cute" next to it)

14 comments:

Alexis said...

That's adorable! Makes you want to smack him and hug him at the same time!!

Amanda said...

Too funny! Can't wait to see the pics :) They will have a place of honor in our home.

beckylbranch said...

ha..ha..that is so funny he did that! No matter what they are going to look adorable and I'm already getting excited for 1st Christmas too :)

Bonnie said...

It looks like he said its "okay", ha ha! But, I'm going blind, so ya know! I think those babies will look adorable in whatever you put them in.

Vanessa's Dad said...

"Smack" and "Hug". That's funny.

Eeyore's standard comment is probably appropriate... "Thanks for noticin'."

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Heather said...

That's hilarious! You've gotta love a Dada with an opinion. I must say, mine RARELY has one about anything clothing related! :)

Lori said...

Ok, that is priceless!!! Our hubby's know us way to well!! HA!!

Meilee said...

I have a grin on my face. Enjoyed the entry. Can't believe I haven't hugged and squeezed those babies in person yet!

Lucky Jones said...

LOL - sounds like something my husband would say/do!

You live in Oregon? I'm in Beaverton :) Where is this giant consignment sale you spoke of on Katie's blog??

Carol ;)
www.highheelhappy.blogspot.com

Aunt Carol said...

Life in the Hoffman household is getting even more interesting!

Love, Aunt Carol

Heather said...

:) hee hee!!! That is too funny!!!

Emily said...

Thanks for the great laugh!

Family of 5 said...

LOL that's really awesome!! You got to remember that one!! :) Although I think the lil boys argyle sweater vest and pants are adorable! :)

Linda Lee Brown Ayers said...

I laughed so hard I have tears in my eyes. Be sure to SAVE that.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the picture to see what you came up with. Remember, black is the perfect color for adults....and it's "kind" to any figure. Be proud of that shape you are in. Your body did a very good work! mom