Saturday, December 18, 2010

An adventure of sorts...

Last week to celebrate David's last day of work until January we decided to take the babies (and ourselves, really) out to lunch at Red Robin. This was Luke & Abbey's second time in a restaurant (I think...there are a lot of blurry times over the last 8 1/2 months!)

Here are our little bears before we loaded up...



And here they are exploring their place mats...

(Luke looks like such a big boy to me in that picture...tear)


Little Miss Abigail Mae...



And the Little Mister...



And my genius husband who used a straw to get the perfect size melon bites to give to our babies...


A good time was had by all.


Luke and Abbey seemed to love the restaurant, and they were SO good the whole time we were there. I think they loved just watching everything that was going on around them, and getting bites of french fries =)

Speaking of french fries, too many carbs can make one drowsy...


David and I successfully transferred our two sleeping babies from their carseats to their cribs (hooray!) and then after they woke up from their nap we spent the afternoon playing together. I just love when we all get to be home together!


By the way, doesn't Abbey look ADORABLE? Sure, a lot of the credit goes to GOD for creating her, but as far as her being adorably dressed, credit goes to my friend Heather who awhile back sent us a GIANT box of hand-me-downs from two of the most adorably dressed little girls in all of blogland. (Did you click on the link? Am I right or what?) I have been WAITING for Abbey to be big enough for so many of these outfits! Having cute new clothes to grow into makes the fact that they are growing so fast a little more manageable =)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Luke does look like such a little man in that picture!!

I CAN'T believe they transfered from their carseats to their cribs without waking. Noah would NEVER. We can't even take his carseat out of the car without him waking up, most of the time. He's such a light sleeper. Last night I went to his crib to find his soother, but it was so dark I could hardly see. I VERRRY gently touched his lips to see if it was soother or lips (it was lips). I BARELY touched him, and it was ONE finger, and he squirmed all over the place from that.

He's such a drama queen. lol

Aunt Carol said...

Glad your excursion was fun. The melon-baller was a great idea.

Love, Aunt Carol

Heather said...

Awww... I love seeing A wearing the clothes! Makes me (sniff) miss my little babies, but she is too cute! And you are too sweet! ♥

LOVE Dave's idea for the straw-melon-puncher-tool. How smart!

Glad you were able to spend some time toegther at home- sometimes, those days are just the BEST!

Vanessa's Dad said...

What a fun time. Merry Christmas.

LOVE,
GRAND DAD

Lauren said...

They are just getting SO big!!! They are precious!!! :)