Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ramblings...

1. How do you fight the post-Christmas blues? Me, I look through the 248 photos taken on our camera from the last week and re-live all the fun. Posts & pictures to come soon.


2. We finally ordered a back-up lovie for Luke. He loves his little bear so much, and it has (so far) worked brilliantly at cuing sleep-time for him. Months ago when I saw how attached to it he was, I intended to get a spare just in case something happened to the original, but I just hadn't gotten around to it yet. We have it now, washed in Dreft, and today while we were playing in the nursery I let him have it. He inspected it, chewed on the arm, and then kind of looked at me like "ummmm...do you know this is an impostor?" Will have to rotate it with the original one so they each get some love.


3. Eating crow sucks. I am not very good at it. I fight doing it even when I know I was wrong and need to apologize. Today I had to remind myself that even though humbling myself and admitting fault is hard to swallow, and "righteous" anger, pride, and stubbornness seems to taste sweeter in the moment, crow digests better in the long run. And makes for a much more peaceful home.


4. Are you ready to hear something ridiculous? Over the last few days Lucas has started to show signs of separation anxiety, and I have been relieved to see it.
Relieved???
Yes.
Why, you ask? Well because when I was doing all kinds of reading about separation anxiety when Abbey first started to show signs I kept reading about how it was a normal sign of healthy attachment. So naturally, I then started to worry that perhaps Luke wasn't properly attached to me. I knew it was unlikely that this was true, but I couldn't shake those thoughts, especially when Abbey seemed so desperate to know I was there and Luke didn't. So, now I have two clingy, needy babies. And I am thrilled about it for the moment. Ridiculous, I know. But YEA for babies bonded to their Momma.

5. One thing David and I talked about a lot when I was pregnant was the need to make sure we treat the twins as individuals. One goal we had/have is to make sure they each get to spend some one-on-one time with both of us. Today we got a glimpse of what that can look like. David took Luke to the grocery store and to run a few errands with him, while Abbey and I stayed at home and organized some things in their nursery. We have been very blessed with loads of hand me downs for the babies to grow into, and today I set to work on separating out sizes and packing them away, while also putting clothes they have outgrown into boxes for friends with newborn babies or babies on the way. Abbey was an absolute delight while I worked, she just played happily on the floor with some toys and in one of the empty boxes...

6. I have consumed way, WAY more chocolate in the last five days than one person should.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Is it even possible to consume too much chocolate?