Friday, October 10, 2008

Best voicemail EVER!

Last night when plugging my cell phone in to charge I noticed I had 2 voicemails on it. I listened to the first one, and it was all garbled but I was still pretty sure what it was. The second message confirmed my suspicions. It was in fact, the best voicemail ever received.

Who was on this message, you ask??


Why it was 1989.





Coming through my earpiece I hear a crowd cheering along with "I can see it in your walk, tell it when you talk, can see it in everything you do, even in your thoughts. You got the right stuff, baby. I love the way you turn me on. You got the right stuff, babyyyy. You're the reason why I sing this song..."


How was I hearing this? Let me introduce you to my bestest friend ever, Tara.
This picture was taken 3 years ago at her wedding. I was her maid of honor (and she was mine). We have several pictures from both weddings of us actually posing in our dresses with our flowers, but this one is my favorite. It is classic Tara and Kendra.
Tara and I have been best friends for over a decade now. It is a truly blessed friendship. We have never fought and we never get sick of each other. In fact, one semester in high school we had every single class together. And then after school we would go to her house and hang out, because we just hadn't spent enough time together yet. HA! We did everything together!! Now she lives in Nevada and I live in Oregon =(, so we don't get to see each other nearly as much as we'd like. She is one of the most loving, kind, fun, accepting and faithful people I have ever met.
She called me from the concert in California last night because she knew that I - like Amy- once had a deep, deep infatuation with Jordan Knight. Ohhh.....the memories! My dad used to buy all of us daughters Valentine's day presents, and one year he got me a NKOTB nightgown. I used to think it was so cool and funny to say "I slept with Jordan Knight last night!!" Now keep in mind I was 9, and in my 9-year-old mind I was making a harmless insinuation that Jordan Knight had come over and we had in fact, slept. A slumber party. You know, stayed up late sharing our hopes and dreams, ate junk food, and perhaps even had a pillow fight before falling asleep side by side in our matching CareBear sleeping bags. But oh the looks my parents must have gotten when I said this...



I digress.



Anyways, thank you Tara!! That MADE MY NIGHT! I listened to the voicemail several times and grinned from ear to ear! I so wish I could have been there with you. I fell asleep last night with sweet NKOTB melodies playing in my head...

Here's to best friends!! Happy Friday All!

Hanging tough,

kendra

3 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Too cute! I miss my BFF too. We have been best friends since 5th grade...that would be roughly 25 years plus?!?!?

She lives in Texas and I'm in Florida...but we talk all the time and email like crazy! I wish she lived here with me too :(

Have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

I remember our Care Bear's sleeping bags very fondly as well. I wonder where they are now. Remember how Mom and Dad wouldn't let us put posters up on our walls so all our NKOTB stuff was hanging from the ceiling?

You are blessed by your friendship with Tara. So cool that she knew just how to make your night!

Now I have Hanging Tough (well that's about the only lyrics to the song I remember too) stuck in my head...

Vanessa's Dad said...

Sweet friends and memories...

LOVE,
DAD