Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF

Yup, I said it. TGIF. It's a throw back to like 1994, but I don't care. I am sooo happy it's Friday!
I am usually happy on Friday's for a few reasons. One being that I love Thursday evenings, and my happiness usually carries over until the next morning. Thursday evenings The Office is on. And we love us some Office!! David's brother and sister in law come over every Thursday to watch with us, and we trade off providing appetizers. I made these:

Oh. Yum. If you are feeling like your cholesterol is just a little too low, make yourself some bacon-wrapped-rolled-in-brown-sugar-little-smokies and they'll fix that before you can say "Lipitor".
I also love Friday's because it means the weekend is pretty much here. And even getting up Friday mornings isn't too bad because I know it's the last day of the work week, and I can usually give it one more day. I am however trying to convince my employers about the benefits of the 4 day work week... it isn't going as well as planned =-).
The only thing that put a damper on my morning was the dog poo I almost stepped in. We live in a townhouse, 1 of 4, and our neighbors let their little dogs out in the morning, and then they don't watch them. They just wait for them to bark that they want back in, and then open the door for them. Probably twice a month there is poo in front of our door. Sometimes on our welcome mat. It does not make me happy. One time when it was on our mat I was so mad that I went back inside, got a bunch of papertowels, picked up the poo, and put it on their welcome mat. Because that's what Jesus would do...
My husband has talked to them about this, I have talked to them about this, and we know our landlord (not onsite) has talked to them about this. What's a girl to do? So after it happened again this morning, and I had to pull off a serious catwoman like maneuver in order to avoid stepping in it, I think I am going to call the landlord and complain. I hate, hate, HATE to be a tattle-tale. I think it is much better to just be polite and direct, or rude and direct if you have to be. But I have done both and it isn't making much of a difference.
Although I just dedicated 2 paragraphs to that, it really was only a minor thing today. Otherwise a good day! I am however suffering from a very serious case of Idontwannaworkitis though...should see a doctor about that.
Happy Friday to you!!

3 comments:

vbrown said...

TGIF...I haven't heard that in forever! I remember Caralyon and I would get so excited to watch TGIF TV.

And you gotta do what you gotta do. No one should have to avoid poop on the door step.

Amanda said...

Yeah, especially if you don't even own a dog!

Remember when Friday nights were so cool because Full House, Family Matters and Step by Step were on TV?!

Lianna Knight said...

OOOHHHH....I don't think I would be happy about the poo either...rather disgusting!!!

Hope your weekend continued to be a good one...and the bacon wrapped little smokies look DELICIOUS!!