Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Remember

Though I truly feel that the Lord has healed my heart, and David's, last night I simply could not stop crying when I this post. My very favorite blogger, Angie, wrote such a touching entry, and last night I stayed up past midnight reading over 500 of the comments posted. Today when I looked there was 949 comments.
Our loss was almost 2 years ago, and my wound is no longer fresh. The Lord has shown us so much beauty in our ashes... I am grateful.
Pouring over these stories last night absolutely wrenched at my heart. I am just heartbroken for these women. So many stories of such profound loss...
But there was also many, many stories of grace and redemption.
Our God is faithful. Always. And when you can't trace His hand, you can always trust His heart.
One of my very favorite praise songs is by Aaron Shust, I just love the beginning lyrics:
"I am not skilled to understand,
what God has willed, what God has planned.
I only know at His right hand,
stands one who is my Savior.
I take Him at His word and deed.
Christ died to save me; this I read.
And in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my savior..."

He loves me. He loves you. I believe He weeps for all the losses and heartache. I believe He longs to wipe away our tears and fill empty places in our hearts.

"When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry." Luke 7:13

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

I take Him at His word.

7 comments:

mandy_moo said...

Isn't it so amazing what Angie has done for everyone?! Sending you big (((HUGS))) and thank you for your prayers... it means the world to me that a complete stranger would pray for me in my time of need.

Though I guess in a way we aren't strangers because we share the common bond of being God's children...

Faith said...

My heart breaks for all that have had to endure the loss of a child. I pray that the Lord would bring complete healing and turn the mourning into dancing and sorrow into joy! Praying for you, Kendra!

Kendra said...

Thank you, sweet Faith and Mandy, for your prayers!! I appreciate them so much! But I also meant what I said above, I really feel God has healed my heart. David's too. When I was reading some of the women's stories of loss, I cried a few tears of gratefulness that I don't suffer still the way some of them continue to. God has been so good to us. He has redeemed our sadness, and we just don't ache anymore, like we once thought we always would. It was the most difficult time in my life for sure, but instead of being an open wound, it now feels like a beautiful scar. I thank God for that.
Now we are just waiting for Him to make our joy complete and bless us with a baby this side of Heaven =-).
Hugs to you girls!!!

natalierochelle said...

Kendra,

I almost sent you a link to that VERY blog, as I was reading it last night. I'm glad you found it under your own accord. :)

I love you and I am so amazed by your strength and grace. Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many women and sharing your story, and then taking a vested interest in each of their's.

Blessings,
Natalie

Lianna Knight said...

Such a great post. I too read Angie's blog last night and not only prayed about it last night but also this morning. I just can not imagine the pain these women and their families must feel (and you) for losing such a precious gift from God. I just hope they (and you)can find peace knowing they wil all be reunited one day.

Vanessa's Dad said...

Ahoy, Maties...
Salty cheeks ahead...
Salty cheeks port and starboard...

Salty cheeks in Heaven on our Creator who loves us, understands us, and never will forsake us.

LOVE,
Kendra's & Natalie's Dad

amy (metz) walker said...

I'm sorry to hear you suffered this loss...Angie has given such a voice to women who have lost children!