Thursday, October 9, 2008

You GOTTA check this out!!

One of the things I have asked the Lord for recently was to bring women into my life who are walking this same waiting-for-a-baby road that I am so that I could pray for them with the heart of a woman who knows what they are feeling.
Well He sure has answered!! I had a few friends in my life already I was praying for (and they are praying for me too- thank you!) and over the last few months I met a few new blog friends to pray for. Last Saturday I came across two new blogs, and decided that my mental list was too long for my tiny brain and I should actually write these names down. Plus I thought it would be so fun to be able to see them crossed off the list when God answers the prayers. I love visual aides- and what better one than answered prayers to see God's goodness and faithfulness!
So I came upstairs and found a little notebook I had in my nightstand drawer. I had only written a few things in it before, and hadn't even picked it up since January. I wrote the date, 10/04/08 and then wrote: "Praying God's blessings on these Momma hearts". Then I wrote the names down (I blocked them out for the picture just in case someone didn't want it posted for all the world wide web to see!). There are 8 names on my list. Two of the women are praying and waiting for their adoptions to proceed; one in my family and another is a sweet blogger friend I "met" earlier this summer. The other names are women who are currently waiting on the Lord for pregnancies; one I know personally and the others are fellow bloggers. I decided to commit to pray daily that God would bless these women quickly and that He would give them His peace while they wait...
Well, last night I set aside my time to pray and I happen to read what it is printed at the bottom of the page, (since I absentmindedly hadn't even noticed there were words at the bottom of the page before - see above...tiny brain). It says "Expect miracles. They happen daily."
Isn't that cool?!?!
I was instantly filled with a renewed energy to pray, pray, pray!! And pray expectantly.
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

-kendra

4 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh, Kendra,

Thank you! Thank you for praying for me and for sharing "Expect miracles. They happen daily." If we are indeed blessed to bring this sweet baby girl home in a few weeks, what a miracle she will be for us! :)

Lianna Knight said...

That is so awesome Kendra!! Thank you so much for adding me to your list...I can't tell you how much that means to me. You are added to my list of "gardeners"...soon we WILL be mothers. Let's just keep praying, believing, and seeing this miracle through :)

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I love when we get tiny nudges like that from God to have a little more faith!

If I'm not on that list, can I get on it?

And speaking of lists, I'm adding you to my blogroll so I can keep up with your journey!

Faith said...

Kendra, I am behind on your blog because Bloglines was not notifying me of your posts...but when I came to catch up today I was blown away by this post. God is so cool, and I love the little way that He spoke to you and me through that journal. I would love to be on your list, and I have you on my p-list too!

Anxiously expecting our miracles!! Hugs, Faith